Sheriff's Pot Bust Cost Taxpayers

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
So let me get this straight: Sheriff Donny Youngblood has been doing his best to scare the people of Kern County by telling us that losing even one deputy due to budget cuts will make us all immediate victims to crime. Yet somehow, there are enough deputies to go marijuana hunting. I wonder, when those deputies were collecting the marijuana, how many crimes occurred in Kern County that those deputies could have responded to instead?

From the news report, they also had to utilize the Sheriff's helicopter. What did that cost the taxpayers of Kern County? I would like to know if the Board of Supervisors support this use (misuse?) of valuable county funds and deputies time and expense.

I think there are many more pressing issues to worry about than busting marijuana growers. If there are enough deputies to spend their time cutting down marijuana plants, then surely the Board of Supervisors could cut those positions and clearly there would be no loss of protection to the public.

Sheriff Youngblood, as well as every member of the Board of Supervisors, seem to have their financial priorities out of balance. I sincerely hope that someone on the Board has the intelligence to question Sheriff Youngblood about what issues are truly important. Using taxpayer dollars to harvest marijuana surely is not one of them.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Bakersfield Californian
Author: JEFFREY WILSON
Copyright: 2009 The Bakersfield Californian
Contact: Bakersfield.com - Kern County news, events, shopping & search
Website: Sheriff's pot bust cost taxpayers - Bakersfield.com

Back
Top Bottom