Short on space!

Mtnfun

420 Member
2 Strawberry Banana clones, 6 weeks of veg phase, day 5 of bud phase. They'r outgrowing my grow space! How should I handle this? I don't really have another location for them.

You need to do some low stress training. Scrog would be to hard at this phase especially if you have not done it before. Use some string and tie down some of the branches. Be careful not to break a branch bend slowly. As the plant progresses threw flowering the branches become harder to bend and it requires more experience...

See how I used screws and twine to secure branches and pull them down away from plant to open it up... It creates a wide flat plant that yields much more and also gets way better light distribution. Stems are easy to bend during veg so it's important to shape your plant while it's in veg. So when you switch to flower you basically just let it go then.

Here's a pic from my first grow when I attempted scrog for the first time.. As they grow up threw the holes you push it back down and pull it back up threw the next hole and continue to widen the canopy

This is far from perfect examples I didn't know what I was doing. Hopefully you get the idea if not.. Look around on forums and YouTube. Once you get it it will ensure you use every square inch of your grow space efficiently.

Are you worried about height issues because you can no longer raise your light?

See how I used screws and twine to secure branches and pull them down away from plant to open it up... It creates a wide flat plant that yields much more and also gets way better light distribution. Stems are easy to bend during veg so it's important to shape your plant while it's in veg. So when you switch to flower you basically just let it go then.

Here's a pic from my first grow when I attempted scrog for the first time.. As they grow up threw the holes you push it back down and pull it back up threw the next hole and continue to widen the canopy

This is far from perfect examples I didn't know what I was doing. Hopefully you get the idea if not.. Look around on forums and YouTube. Once you get it it will ensure you use every square inch of your grow space efficiently.

Are you worried about height issues because you can no longer raise your light?
I have room to raise the light, it's width I'm running out of room for. My space is small and my plants are really bushy.

Back
Top Bottom