Should I be concerned with this seedling?

bahzero

Anyone have an idea? I'm using rockwool with water ph down to 6, my other seedling looks great. Got them under a vented dome, humidity is around 80% atm.

DSC00095.JPG

DSC00097.JPG

Anyone have an idea? I'm using rockwool with water ph down to 6, my other seedling looks great. Got them under a vented dome, humidity is around 80% atm.

DSC00095.JPG

DSC00097.JPG
Hiya bahzero.
I think you need to take the vented dome off, give it some air.
It's looking a bit dark in the centre where the new leaves are forming..it may be starting to rot .

Yes..I'd remove it now as the seedling needs fresh air.
What are you planning to do next with the little rockwool block?
I used to place them in larger Rockwood blocks to let the roots grow into something.

Yes..I'd remove it now as the seedling needs fresh air.
What are you planning to do next with the little rockwool block?
I used to place them in larger Rockwood blocks to let the roots grow into something.
I was gonna transfer them after I seen roots at the bottom of the block to some happy frog soil, then a 5 gallon fabric pot of ocean forest after.

I was gonna transfer them after I seen roots at the bottom of the block to some happy frog soil, then a 5 gallon fabric pot of ocean forest after.
Ok, sounds like a good plan.
Has the container the block is in now got drainage holes in the bottom?
As the block wants to be kept moist but not sat in a puddle of water..that will rot the roots.

Does the light have a dimmer? If it's a true 300w there's a possibility that could still be a bit strong.
I have my 300w led a similar distance above my seedlings but was dimmed to around 30% power.

Just keep an eye on it now..hopefully we'll see some green leaves and roots appear.
:thumb:

Na I doubt it's actual 300w just equivalent to, it's got more blue led for veg than red though which worked great on my last plant but it turned out to be male. This light doesn't have a dimmer though I plant to get one with dimmer and switches for veg and bloom later.

DSC00070.JPG

DSC00071.JPG

Na I doubt it's actual 300w just equivalent to, it's got more blue led for veg than red though which worked great on my last plant but it turned out to be male. This light doesn't have a dimmer though I plant to get one with dimmer and switches for veg and bloom later.

DSC00070.JPG

DSC00071.JPG
Shame it turned out male, it was looking a beauty.

Shame it turned out male, it was looking a beauty.
It was my first attempt at growing tbh and got kind of lucky with that one growing, must have been the perfect situation for it to start. I've gone through seeds just trying to get em started, sometimes I would have transfered in cups only for them to dry out slowly and die a day or 2 later. This time though I used rockwool and a dome and noticed it helped get these two start way faster and not dry out, so it could have been a humidity problem all along.

Yeah..that light is 130w..still decent enough powerfull.
It was my first attempt at growing tbh and got kind of lucky with that one growing, must have been the perfect situation for it to start. I've gone through seeds just trying to get em started, sometimes I would have transfered in cups only for them to dry out slowly and die a day or 2 later. This time though I used rockwool and a dome and noticed it helped get these two start way faster and not dry out, so it could have been a humidity problem all along.
Domes, warmth and humidity are the perfect way to get seeds to pop/ start, but as soon as you see leaves you've got to take the dome off to get some air and treat it like a plant seedling.
You'll get the timing right with practice.

I find the Rockwool blocks one of the most unforgiving starting mediums.personally I use jiffy pellets to germinate.
But whatever works the best for you is the way to go.

Clones need high r/h.
Seedlings dont really need the likes of high 80s.
IF it was me the dome would of come of soon as it stood up right.
But each to there own if it works etc happy growing :)

Back
Top Bottom