Should I cal mag my coco loco before placing seedling into it?

JDwinell

I don't know if I should pre soak my coco loco in cal mag before inserting seedling in rapid rooter...if so how much should I use and how long to let it soak and how dry it should be when inserting rapid rooter..should I flush after cal mag and before rapid rooter?? I'm confused any and all help would be appreciated as my tap roots are ready for rooters so my time is growing short...

Hello JD. I've been using coco for a few years. After re-hydrating the coco brick, drain it (I use a 5 gal bucket with 1/4 inch holes drilled in it. Then put a pillowcase over the bucket and flip it over. I tie a knot in it, let it drain a while then put it in a bucket with 8ml per gallon of calmag. Soak for at least 8 hours, remove, change solution and soak again for at least 8 hours. After mixing with around 30-40% perlite, you should be good to go.
Stay stoneder!

Thank u for ur help..I have also used Coco and perlite before but this time I've decided to try a coco loco potting mix made by fix farms which is a mix using coco coir and other mediums and amendments.. it isn't inert like coco/perlite but instead a blend using coco for aeration but it contains a lot of nutrients as well.it is a "hot" medium..thank u

....if so how much should I use and how long to let it soak and how dry it should be when inserting rapid rooter..should I flush after cal mag and before rapid rooter??
Use the amount per gallon as written on the back of the bottle if you are still planning on using Fox Farm's Bush Doctor Cal-Mag.

I do not see any point in flushing your grow medium after using the cal-mag product since that will flush out all the calcium you just put in.

Yes no flush but I'm afraid of how "hot" the medium is..so I'm cautious with my dosage..also the manufacturers always want you to use to much of their products..generally I always start at 1/2 recommended dose or possibly even less..

also the manufacturers always want you to use to much of their products.
No they don't.

Why would they recommend something that destroys all the work you did? Why would they want a grower to loose his or her whole crop and then never come back? There is no way they can make enough profit by telling someone to use too much of something if it means that person will not buy anything else after the first bottle or bag of fertilizer.

Look at all the threads started by people who have a very common question. They ask "why is my plant not growing properly" or questions like "why are the leaves turning yellow". Then when asked for their feeding schedules they say something along the lines of "using XYZ brand at 1/2 the dose".

Back
Top Bottom