Should I do a run off and when should I do it

Jessi13

420 Member
I am growing in coco coir with 30% perlite with organic powdered dry fertilizer (worm humus and bat guano etc etc and I would like to know please if I should monitor my ppm or ec every day and is this I should also do a run off at each watering Please I need help on this subject thank you in advance for your help

I am growing in coco coir with 30% perlite with organic powdered dry fertilizer (worm humus and bat guano etc etc and I would like to know please if I should monitor my ppm or ec every day and is this I should also do a run off at each watering Please I need help on this subject thank you in advance for your help
Welcome my friend.
Coco is hydroponic therefore needs watered every day with calmag and nutrients at a ph of 5.8 . If you have the feeding schedule for your nutrients you can go by that . But it would be beneficial to monitor your ppm daily of your feed so you can better understand what she needs. I check and log ppm every day , I'm in coco also.

It’s like I’m living on a different planet because just about everybody’s advice on this site I find I disagree with when it comes to growing cannabis.

I started out in Coco and I only watered about every two or three days also I do not to this day adjust pH because it’s unnecessary and I never water to the point I get any runoff because it causes such a mess. I switched from cocoa to Promix HP because it costs about one quarter as much and I see absolutely no difference in growth.

My theory is the less work I do on my plants the better and I find the vast majority of the advice on this site causes more unnecessary work for the grower. I know everyone will disagree with what I’m saying here but take a look at my plants before you negate my system. Most of what people do here is unnecessarily time-consuming and costly when it comes to growing.

With 70 percent coco and dry amendments you can water like soil, wait till it starts to dry out and water. If it start asking for more give it more.
I keep my ph between 5.5 and 6 in coco.
run off is up to you, needed more when feeding with nutes that can leave salts behind.

i grow in coco at lot different then you, but you’re welcome to check out my journal and ask any questions you need.

I would like to ask, coco coir & organic ferts how is the grow doing bud ?

I don't think under normal growing circumstances you would see that !

I'm pretty sure PPM & EC readings are in general related to nutrients in a liquid form manufactured with chemicals salts or what ever ya wanna call em, I'm not sure how they measure organic stuff or at least not seen the science behind em.... organic vs chemical (safe for human use)

I would also like to agree with Homur Simpson on the mass bollocks upon the subject at hand which sounds like a science... pick up a general gardening book & see what that say.

It’s like I’m living on a different planet because just about everybody’s advice on this site I find I disagree with when it comes to growing cannabis.

I started out in Coco and I only watered about every two or three days also I do not do this day adjust pH because it’s unnecessary and I never water to the point I get any runoff because it causes such a mess. I switched from cocoa to Promix HP because it costs about one quarter as much and I see absolutely no difference in growth.

My theory is the less work I do on my plants the better and I find the vast majority of the advice on this site causes more unnecessary work for the grower. I know everyone will disagree with what I’m saying here but take a look at my plants before you negate my system. Most of what people do here is unnecessarily time-consuming and costly when it comes to growing.
The great thing about this site is we all support each other and what ever method that works for you or the next grower is great. Not everyone has the same situation so what ever way they grow is right for them.period. We encourage people who do things differently and get good results. Do some reading you will see page after page of members encouraging other members regardless of their methods or skill level. Do you know what you won't see members putting down grow methods of others or telling them they are from a different planet because they are trying to help.
You grow what ever way works best for you, we will all route for you to have your biggest harvest ever.
Just remember people giving advice are telling you what works for them and nothing else no alterior motive. Just friendly advice from warm knowledgeable people who want you to succeed. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom