Should I worry about this and what's the problem?

dandare

420-magazine-mobile1747690958.jpg
420-magazine-mobile621772248.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yo. Also very new to all of this but have done so extensive reading. That cupping looks like either over/under watering. But like I said... still new and maybe a more experienced eye can give better advise. Maybe post some more info on watering schedule and nute mix and schedule?

Sent from my SM-A700F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cheers wooo2 every little bit of info helps I forgot to mention it's only the one plant with leaves like that the other few look healthy and are getting fed exactly the same?

No the plant has lots of leaves like that it kinda looked deformed from the start the leaves was all twisted and crooked and even some weird looking shaped leaves I'll crab a picture the fan hits the plant but it also hits the others too?

Here's another odd shaped leaf look at the 3rd finger on the right. Could it just be a deformity? The faded side also seem to be where the abnormal shapes are? I can't work it out I feel like just letting it do its thing .
420-magazine-mobile639587596.jpg

I was thinking along the lines of nitrogen toxicity but it's not overly green and not clawing and it's just the 1 plant that's on same feed???

Hi,

Have you ruled out early stage broad / russet mites?

Doesn't look like you've got any of the other symptoms ... but twisted leaves (bending sideways, like yours is) is one of the signs. Brown/dead spots emerge as bugs proliferate ...

Bugs are difficult to see under the naked eye (and under scope) .... best scope up underside the leaves at 40x and look for clusters of eggs ...

Doubt it is ... but good to rule it out. Sincerely hope it's not though

Hi,

Have you ruled out early stage broad / russet mites?

Doesn't look like you've got any of the other symptoms ... but twisted leaves (bending sideways, like yours is) is one of the signs. Brown/dead spots emerge as bugs proliferate ...

Bugs are difficult to see under the naked eye (and under scope) .... best scope up underside the leaves at 40x and look for clusters of eggs ...

Doubt it is ... but good to rule it out. Sincerely hope it's not though

Now I'm worried more . I hope it's not that I'll lift the plant out and give it a good check out I never give it a thought on pests with it been winter here

I just searched the web on broad mites and found a picture that looks like my problem it's called tobacco mosaic virus looks similar to broad mites I'll wonder down that path while I'm online .

Here's some pics of the tobacco mosaic virus would anyone agree this is the proble
420-magazine-mobile1988782799.jpg
420-magazine-mobile84430455.jpg
420-magazine-mobile585067962.jpg
420-magazine-mobile809726095.jpg

Hi Dan

Gotta say, when I looked at your photos, I did notice some of the weird leaf withering one side ... it does look a bit like this!

The good news, apparently (never had this problem) is it's not a bastard to cure.

Couple of people swear by aspirin (!!! seriously !!!) - both as a foliar spray and as an additive to their usual feeding / reservoir. I think the ratio is c 120 mgs aspirin per US gallon for either treatment.

Good luck ....

Hi Dan

Gotta say, when I looked at your photos, I did notice some of the weird leaf withering one side ... it does look a bit like this!

The good news, apparently (never had this problem) is it's not a bastard to cure.

Couple of people swear by aspirin (!!! seriously !!!) - both as a foliar spray and as an additive to their usual feeding / reservoir. I think the ratio is c 120 mgs aspirin per US gallon for either treatment.

Good luck ....

Cheers jimbo ..

Back
Top Bottom