Shrederiz's Coco Coir Widow & Kush Grow Journal, 2019

shrederiz

420 Member
Heya guys so Im running 2 White Widows and 2 Kings Kush @ 35 days Veg.
One of the WW stalled completely for about 2 weeks and now she's coming back.
(Widows on the left, Kush on the right)

1m x 1m x 1.8m Growing tent
SCROG (little stretch needed on the sides)
20 Liter Air Pots with 50\50 Coco \ Perlite mix
Ambient temp 25c
70% RH
Veg Lights: 400 MH \ Flower Lights: 600w HPS

PH 5.8
Canna A+B
Cal Mag

WW @ 500 TDS
KK @ 750 TDS

One of the Kush just stretched like 7-8cm in 3-4 days and had her pistils out... I noticed that only after I topped her today (as planned) and then I found out that the stem is hollow. I have never seen that happen in Veg. Did anybody have a Photo Periodic plant (from seed) showing pistils and stretching like that in Veg?

Now because of the stretch I topped 10cm off of the main stem instead of just topping the first set of leaves, I have never done that before but read it's possible. I'm wondering now if the 4 newest shoots below the cut will now grow as "main colas", or am I going to see 4 new shoots coming out of the hollow stem?

Attached pictures,
Thanks in advance everybody

photo_2019-02-02_23-33-59.jpg
photo_2019-02-02_23-34-02.jpg
photo_2019-02-02_23-34-05.jpg
photo_2019-02-02_23-34-10.jpg
photo_2019-02-02_23-34-07.jpg

Some progress..
We're at day 45
It wasn't a stretch. both Kush started overgrowing the Widows.

Switched to 600w DS HPS
Widows @ 650 ppm
Kush @ 950 ppm
Water 2-3 Liters per plant every 24 hours

Temps 23 -26c
Lights 24\0

I FIMed the smaller Widow on the front left and I got 4 new nodes
So I think she will fill up nicely as the other 3 were topped only once.

I'm thinking of initiating flowering in 7-10 days, do you guys think the scrog will be filled enough?

Day 52 and the ladies showing some nice progress. I'm starting to like what I see :)

I'm not in the groom every day, only twice a week or so.. and we had some light burns and the humidifier is being a bitch.. will solve this on Tuesday.

The Kushes are signifacntly bigger on the right side of the groom and they're drinking 3 Liters every night.
It's really bushy down there and quite a trouble watering them.. so on Tuesday will go to the store to purchase a drip system.
Now as I'm running 2 strains I'm thinking of getting x2 of everything. air pump, water pump, reservoir. if there's any way around this with 1 reservoir, please do tell!

Questions!!

1. I'm wondering, should I go with Bloombastic or Grotek Monster Bloom? any recommendations?

2. Do you guys think I should flip lights on Tuesday, or should I give them a week more of veg? don't want it to be too crowded and trying to consider stretch as well.. the tent is only 1.8m high and I'm kinda sorry I didn't LST to keep them short..

Back
Top Bottom