sick plant I need some help. pics included

CalVet420

Here's a skunk 11 clone. I had bad mites and washed her off with water on saturday the 13th, by sunday she started showing signs of sickness. She was super root bound so I moved her into the container shes in lastnite.

Any help diagnosing this would be nice.

she's now in Fox farm soil and I used "Age Old Organics" Grow fert. 12-6-6 at half the recomended mixture yesterday morning, but the water flowed right through to the tub.

skunk_11_sick_6-15-09_a.JPG

skunk_11_sick_6-15-09_b.JPG

skunk_11_sick_6-15-09_c.JPG

here she is 2 weeks ago.
new_skunk_11_5-30-09_a.JPG

That plant is just plain hungry. Light yellow color throughout with very yellow on the bottom is likely N. You have purpling of the stems, likely P. The macros are showing. Overall, she isn't bad (was very healthy, I can tell), just getting hungry. Worst case is that the pH is out of whack, and problems are only beginning, but think they are just plain hungry. Best.

Yeah but DMM, if he foliar's them for the mites it will definitely throw them into lockout! ;-)

((lol... Cal, don't pay this last post any mind, we're poking fun at each other!))

Best DMM! Best Cal!

ok now I'm home from work, I can sit here and write out a little more detail on the situation. I've been moving them outside in the morning and then when the sun's about down I move them inside to veg till 12, then the lights come on at 6. I move them all out at 8.

On the 6th, the same day I got the ferts, I also picked up some pestiside for the mites. It's Ed Rosenthal's Zero Tolerance natural garden solutions. It contains- (Active Ingedients: cinnamon oil 1.54%, Rosemary oil 0.13%, thyme oil 0.13%, clove oil 0.13%, Inert Ingredients: Lecathin 0.10%, vegtable glycerin 2.50%, Water). I mixed it at 1:1 with water.

I sprayed this throughout my garden. This is the only plant that isn't healthy looking now. The mites are just about under control (I think), but now I'm affraid to keep using this on this vegging Skunk. The GWS, Purple Urkle, and Black Jack have all recovered from any mite damage and have even taken off growing.

It's not a problem for me to leave her outside on the deck full time for now, if that's what I have to do to get rid of these damn mites.

Yeah but DMM,
if he foliar's them for the mites it will definitely throw them into lockout! ;-)
I get around that by adding 1/2 strength fish emulsion to the solution.
Better now than in flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:

I sprayed this throughout my garden
What do the directions on the container say to do?
You won't get rid of mites overnight and they will spread.
Keep the infected one away from the rest.
Good luck bubba, mites are no friggin' fun.

I get around that by adding 1/2 strength fish emulsion to the solution.
Better now than in flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have fish emultion, maybe I'll start at quater strength and start foliar feeding

What do the directions on the container say to do?
You won't get rid of mites overnight and they will spread.
Keep the infected one away from the rest.
Good luck bubba, mites are no friggin' fun.

"Directions: shake well. transfer to a spray bottle to mist over/under all leaves in early evening for best results. Use at first sign of infestation and repeat every 3-4 days until under control. Do not use on wilted or stressed plants. Test on a few leaves before use. wait 24 hours. If leat burn occurs, dilute with water. Different varieties of plants have different responses to the pesticide strength. Once again, don't be afraid to dilute it. Always shake well before using.

I had them so bad at one point that I couldn't tell what color the under side of the leaves were. just full of tiny moving spots.

Would I be better off just moving everything outside for a week, and fogging my whole house?

Hell Yeah :cheesygrinsmiley:

You got a pre-mixed neem oil based spray, ay.
Not pure neem oil, "2tbls. to a gallon" concetrate :cheesygrinsmiley:
Concentrate is cheaper :cheesygrinsmiley:

well I've left her outside since. the only thing I'm gonna be moving in is my couple of flowering plants.

I don't have neem oil yet, I'll try to get some on friday.
I do have some Alaska fish fertilizer. It's fish emulsion. 5-1-1. What mixure should I be useing to foliar feed with this?

Update on the sick plant. Well now they all have something else real bad. I just watered and fertilized the little ones yesterday for the first time, other than what they may have soaked up from my other GWS that I put into darkness.

The one in the black pot is a GWS, the close red pot is purple urkle, the far red pot is a Black Jack, and the solo cup is a cutting off of the BJ I have in Flower right now. It was hotter then expected over the last two days as well. I thought that maybe it was the heat and dry pots at first but even though I watered, them the situation still became critical.

Here's yesterday:

sick_6-27-09_a.JPG

sick_6-27-09_b.JPG

These are the ones in flower. They have been inside for about 48 hrs now. The blue Container is GWS that I just move into darkness on the 26th (not photographed yesterday). The white container is the Black Jack, and the black container is a skunk 11 that was given back to me all pruned up way too late in it's life and already a few weeks into flower when I got it like that.

sick_6-27-09_c.JPG

sick_6-27-09_d.JPG

Now this evening when I got home:

sick_6-28-09_a.JPG

sick_6-28-09_b.JPG

the skunk 11 is looking good but she's got this mess too.
sick_6-28-09_c.JPG

here's a closer look
sick_6-28-09_d.JPG

sick_6-28-09_e.JPG

Please help, but understand that I can't get to the hydro shop till Tuesday.

Dude! Your mite problem has not been cured. you can even see webs in the picture if you look close enough. That cinnamon crap for mites is worthless. I once tried a version called cinamite and it destroyed my plants. burnt them to a crisp!
Increase your humidty to as much as you can get without growing mold and spray ( not mist) the undersides of all the leaves with a strong stream of water to knock off as many adults as you can. Mites love a dry room so the more moisture around the more uncomfortable they are. uncomfortable mites breed less than comfortable ones do. Have you considered beneficial mites rather than neem or other sprays to combat the bad ones?

Dude! Your mite problem has not been cured. you can even see webs in the picture if you look close enough.

everything is outside now with the exception that I've been moving the flowering adults into the house in a dark room at night. I know I still have mites bad as hell on the flowering plants but there isn't anything that I can see on the small ones that are burnt. I don't currently have any way to control any environment for inside. I put everything out to get rid of the mites. man this sucks. Things were just starting to go in the right direction I thought. Maybe my dog is pissing on them too.

What do I do with the burning plants? Well it doesn't matter they're probably going to die off while I'm gone at work today.

at this point GWS and Purple Urkle are a total loss. I have a lemon skunk fem seed to germinate, a 10 pack of Mandala's speed queen, and a 5 pack of spice of life blubonic (freebies). so I'm only at a loss of a month of veg. I need to get this mite issue fixed and gone before I germinate. I know lady bugs aren't for mites but I got about a 1000 or so and let them free out by my plants.

So on to the mites. I'll be able to go to the hydro store tomorrow. I'm still strapped for cash but this mite issue is gonna keep me broke buyin weed if I don't fix it. Neem oil and what else should I be trying to get? I need to eliminate the mites in the house as well so this doesn't keep coming back.

Will the black jack that's in about 4 weeks of flower be stressed too badly if I left her out for a week? What should the results be as far as flower time and will it get rid of the mites? the smaller plants seemed to not fair so well even leaving them outside.

I am going to have to do some lady bug research. I have an effecient supplyer of them so if I can get them to work for me I should be good. No more poison, organic or not, I hope.

So on to the mites. I'll be able to go to the hydro store tomorrow. I'm still strapped for cash but this mite issue is gonna keep me broke buyin weed if I don't fix it. Neem oil and what else should I be trying to get? I need to eliminate the mites in the house as well so this doesn't keep coming back.
QUOTE]

well I'm on my way out now so I guess I'm just going to get neem oil. I'm going to consider a fogger for the mites. I need to make sure that what I get isn't bad for the ladybugs I'm gonna harvest for my garden.

I made it to the hydro store today. I got a thing of neem oil and a pyrethrum fogger. I left the flowering blackjack and the flowering retarded skunk 11 in the house. They're gonna go in the tent with the little CFL's for a couple of days. I closed the windows and popped the fogger and left.

I'm going to continue to bring ladybugs home and release a hundred or so into the out door growing plants every couple of days. In a few days, before mites start hatching on the flowering plants I want to be able to use the sun for the light periods and black them out. I got some large black bags that i'll start using to cover the flowering girls.

Well that the plan in a nut shell.

soils nice I like soil mites come from the soil unless its been pretreated just for the sake of laughs get a 6x6 rockcube use a real good hydro organic feed and grow some bud flush a couple of weeks before harvest good stuff Lowes has a good neem oil spray start young and spray every couple of day till they are huge I'd say stop in last three weeks

soils nice I like soil mites come from the soil unless its been pretreated just for the sake of laughs get a 6x6 rockcube use a real good hydro organic feed and grow some bud flush a couple of weeks before harvest good stuff Lowes has a good neem oil spray start young and spray every couple of day till they are huge I'd say stop in last three weeks

I want some of what your smoking :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom