sick plants?

yeah, DM, the bud sites are verdant and dusted, it is just the leaves, as per the pic I posted, that are yellowing - this is my first grow, so no idea what is 'normal', so three weeks out from harvest I was surprised to see the yellowing, I thought that was in the last week or so.

I used stock photos as examples.

If you search those images and read the statements - they will explain 'I am 3 weeks from harvest date" etc.

My personal experience is not just in my grow but observing the color changes in other's grows too.

Just like trees outside - as they progress through life, the leaves return the nutrients stored in them, back to the plant. The discoloration in trees is the same as you are observing in the plant.
"Chlorophyll is the pigment located on the chloroplasts of the plants that reflects the green light. The light captured in this, becomes the food consumed by the plant, through photosynthesis." so those sun leaves are meant to decay.

You have 3 weeks to go ; ) new growth should be healthy, buds hairs nice n white, pointy, trichromes forming, etc..

well, I've just given them a feed and their first dose of H&G Shooting Powder, so I'll monitor it over the next few days and see how they progress.

no change - PH is 7 which is leading me to think the yellowing is iron deficiency as that is blocked out at that PH level - anyone any other ideas?

try bottled water for 3 days - get a few 2.5 gallon containers of water - you are going to eliminate your water source as the issue (or confirm it) by using water from another source. I say do this for 3 days (minimum) because that is usually how long before the plant displays the benefit or harm from a nute mix. Do a flush with the bottled water, do your routine - water, water, feed, with the bottled water. with plants your size you should be able to do this for one week with 2 - 2.5 gallon water containers.

7 PH is not that extreme, perhaps some strains will react badly, while others are fine. Do check the ph of your bottled water for the record.

Make sure you are watching the new growth, most of the damage on the current leaves will not recover.

DN

cheers, DN, I'll give that a try.

being colour blind, I cannot tell if these trichs are the right colour or not; are there any cloudy ones yet, and how many weeks out from harvest would you estimate these buds to be?

IMG_134017.JPG

IMG_135013.JPG

nice full trichromes, but too far away to tell if its clear, cloudy, or amber. Judging by the straight up white hairs I say you are five to six weeks in on a 8 week plant?

You can harvest by date or by the amount of hairs on the buds that have curled and changed from white - cloudy trichromes can begin before the hairs change, as the hairs change, they are going amber. Try the early harvest and late harvest - meaning the plant above can be harvested anytime now.

DN

did I miss a pic of the whole plant?
you know it packs on most of its weight in the last 2 weeks

pics are on the first page, dude, along with full grow info.

I'm not overly concerned now that I've Googled it and read up on the subject on here. the buds are green and healthy, and the yellowing is on fan leaves only. the process seems to be normal in the later half of flowering.

PH is 6.8 to 7.0, so there could be iron lock out, but I think that would have manifest itself before now.

the buds over the past two days have really packed out, very dense and forming mini colas all over the tent.

itll only get bigger keep em green man :thumb:
also your right not to worry about older growth especially in flower

they might hang till it dries up
you can take them off if theyre not doing anything for the plant

I bought a digital PH metre for peace of mind, and the run off is 6.6 on all of them, so I guess it isn't nute lock out and am just leaving them to get on with doing their 'thang now without worrying; the leaves are actually healthy looking, not withering, just yellow :)

Back
Top Bottom