Silence is my goal

SJSUGROW

I am renting the back room of a family's home. i have been granted permission from the owner to start a small grom for myself as long as i don't exceed the legal limits. and i share with him. lol

But basically, he doesn't want to hear any noise coming from my room and to keep the smell to an abolute minimum.
His daughter is still young and the smell isn't my first priority...
i need to make sure that my 600w air cooled hood with my 150 CFM Inline Fan blowing out the window.

I guess my question is:
-will my 600w HPS/MH air cooled hood make any noise? im asking about in complete silence. would in the dead of night, you be able to hear any noise from my lights or inline fan?

I have a bigger CFM inline fan than that (280 or so) cooling a 600 with a scrubber and my 3 speed box fan is louder. Like Racefan said It won't be silent by any means but if you mean will they be able to notice the sound coming from your room from the living room or their bedrooms at night I would say no they won't. I sleep in the same room with mine. I grow in soil (no pumps) so the fans are the only real sound I have to deal with but it is doable. Mine was in the bedroom by the front door and you could not hear it when walking past the room and it ran 24/7.

Buy what you plan to use from a local store, take it home and hook it up and see. Just make sure they have a friendly return policy and keep all the packaging receipts etc, return it if it doesn't work out. My hydro shop gives you 30 days with a receipt, longer if they recognize you. You can deal with the smell with a carbon filter hooked up the that light and fan set up for about 50 bucks depending on the room size. But be aware the filter will add draw to the fan and you might need to up-size your fan a bit to compensate.
You should be fine man I say go for it and see, your roomy will probably tolerate the sound (if it is noticeable at all) for the rewards that come from it :ganjamon:

I grow in a corner of my garage in a grow tent and a smaller cab. I use pc fans for cooling, a quiet 6" desk fan set on low for circulation inside the tent, and electronic ballasts.

It's essentially silent. You have to listen really hard to hear the fans, which are about as loud as a quiet pc.

regards,

setting sun

The fans will make the most noise, The one venting out the window would be heard the most IMO. Is venting into the attic an option?

If you needs fans that are more powerful than pc fans, check out the Soler and Palau TD-Mixvent series of fans.

I read a lot of forums and growers love these fans. They are very quiet and if you use them with a speed control, even quieter.

Harbor Freight has speed controls on sale right now for about half of what everyone else wants for them.

Just search for "speed control" on the Harbor Freight website.

One of those in combination with a S&P fan would let you dial in and balance the cfm versus noise issue.

regards,

setting sun

Back
Top Bottom