Can fan and inline 4" fans noise

Pross

Just got a message from my local hydro shop. Their discounting inline fans 4" and some can fans. Was wondering what the noise is on one of those. They couldn't answer. Made a smart remark when I asked him something to the effect "Well their not made for submarines". quoted $44.00 for the 4" inline fan and $130.00 if I got the filter with it. Noise is the most important factor for me. Anyone ever use these?

while ive not used those fans...

the attitude in hydro shops seems to be getting worse all the time. If your not buying 15 lights and 55 gallons of nutes, its like you're wasting their time. A decent shop owner would let your fire one up and see what the noise is like in the shop!

If noise is number one concern, i would save up and get a fan designed for that goal... and one that plays nice with a speed controller too. over sized fans get real quiet when slowed down, but still can move a lot of air.

hanging any fan from bungees is a good way to reduce vibration and noise.

im running a 6 inch active air inline fan with out the filter its kinda noisy as its in my bedroom, but when i hooked up the filter its no louder then a box fan..

be sure to get the semi rigid ducting. it does not flop around with all the air getting pushed through it. the only sound I have it at the exhaust end. running pharm filter and 4 inch Vortex

Back
Top Bottom