Silencing my Mars tent

SteveJasmine

Hey growers,
I have just purchased a mars 2.4x2.4x2m grow tent. I am going to run 4x 1800 cob led's with a 200mm inline fan with 200mm virgin carbon filter and a 200mm silencer. I plan on using acoustic ducting and an additional 200mm inline fan for air intake with a 200mm silencer and acoustic ducting. I'm thinking of building a box for each of the inline fans. They are meant to run at low temperatures I'm wondering if it would still be safe to put them in boxes? My tent will be run inside a domestic garage so it needs to be as silent as possible. As far as odour goes, how good are these tents for containing odour and sound? Also, have you guys got any additional tips for minimizing odour and sound.

Odour is not a problem if you are getting a vacuum in the tent from the extraction fans. Carbon filters work pretty well as long as they are appropriate to the volume of airflow , or mine did at least Are you dumping the extracted air outside or back into the garage? ..I would think the constant airflow through the fans would maintain temps regardless of whether they are enclosed in a box... I bolted my extraction fan to my closet wall outside the tent but had to use some soft shock absorbers to isolate it otherwise there was a bit of a vibration in the wall. Pretty much have to be within 5 feet to hear anything now. Good luck with your grow!

Thanks pe636,
I calculated the input output needed for optimal conditions and bought the appropriate equipment. My neighbor is a cop so I'm pretty paranoid as you can imagine. I'm just trying to cover all my bases before I jump into this particular grow.
Thanks again for the advice

Put a small radio in your garage and have it on low. Just make sure that when your garage door is closed that you can hear it outside and it drowns out the fan noise a little bit. Just leave it on 24/7, my brother does

Hey, thanks for the advice.
I used to do that when I first started growing. The cops are really wise to that trick unfortunately. I actually have a cop living next door to me so a radio playing all the time is a red flag. They also put a piece in the newspaper regularly warning people about what to look out for, a radio playing is one of them lol

Understood. My brother keeps the radio going in his shop but he doesn't grow weed. He just likes have it going all the time. I think my next grow I am going to use Ona. I've heard good things about it removing odors.

Back
Top Bottom