Simply bake weed

u1556

What is the easiest way to cook cannabis ? Without extra tools, besides oven. I am pissed with all idiots on you tube not one idiot there can say 1. 2 .3 this is how it is.

I dont want shit and chocolate and nothing. Just to ingest the thing. I DONT NEED YOU FUCKIN COOKIES. I CAN BUY COOKIES. Just tell how to bake the shit. I can't believe youtube edibles videos are so dumb.

I don't want to put fuckin jars in jars and I don't want to potentially kill myself by butting glass jar in pressure cooker youtube morons.

Welcome @u1556 it's a pleasure to have you here.

Without extra tools, besides oven
What other method were you wanting information on. I only use an oven at 240°f / 1 hour. That's pretty spot on with where @copperrein said to be.

I agree, some videos make it all seem a touch more complicated than it should be.

I guess I might try the masons jar method although not sure if the lid should or should not have rubber coating at the lid.. i.e normally you don't want to expose rubber to heat in your meal. Also I guess for safety the lid should not be tight shut.

I have seen some videos cook it in the oven, then cook it again with butter ?! Why cook it twice. I want to cook it just once.

Anyway at this point I am more mad at Youtube for requiring IDs to watch videos.

AMEN! Just get to the point youtubers!
I break up my buds into about 1/2" chunks, put them in a mason jar, replace the lid with foil and screw the ring down over the foil and bake at 240 for 40 minutes. You can also do them on a cookie sheet covered in foil but i found this way smells less. Then i turn off the oven and let the jar cool down with the oven. Then i dump the decarb bud into a food processor (coffee grinder works too) or even a weed grinder works just takes longer. Then you can use the powder to bake with, eat it with a spoon of honey or peanut butter, etc. Anything you want.
We like to fill capsules with the ground up decarb and mrs cough carries a bottle of them with her so she can medicate discreetly anywhere anytime.
Sometimes after adding the bud to the jar I'll top it off with olive oil and bake at 240 for 2 hours and then strain it through a coffee filter. So versatile and healthy! Mrs cough likes to add herbs and use it for dipping bread in like at fancy restaurants. Can also make oil and vinegar salad dressing or even put some on your finger and rub it on your gums to feel a little something pretty quickly.

Hope this is helpful!

Tip: I've found it really helpful after grinding to run the decarb through a wire/mesh kitchen sifter to remove all the tiny stem bits and use a spoon to work it through. Takes a few extra minutes but your fingertips will thank you

I guess I might try the masons jar method although not sure if the lid should or should not have rubber coating at the lid.. i.e normally you don't want to expose rubber to heat in your meal.

I have seen some videos cook it in the oven, then cook it again with butter ?! Why cook it twice. I want to cook it just once.

Anyway at this point I am more mad at Youtube for requiring IDs to watch videos.
They're made for being heated up with food/making preserves, etc. It's okay. But i replace it with foil either way so that if too much pressure builds up in the jar the foil will pop instead of the glass

Without getting too technical, I do my trim at 230f for 1.25 hours. If you're looking to just eat the decarb I'd be curious to know how that experience plays out.

:green_heart:
Works incredibly well!! I struggled for years trying to find an effective edible or extract that gave a well rounded result similar to smoking. I’m now a firm believer that the more we manipulate this fabulous plant the more of its goodness we loose! I mourn all the wasted time and effort devoted to finding the the utopian method of preparation and modality of ingestion while the KISS path was staring me in the face. How simplistic can it be?!? Do a decarb of your choice, grind to a dust using a cheap coffee grinder (contrary to belief, any of them will work), and eat it. As with any new cannabis venture, start low and go slow. Dosing can be as simple as moistening your finger, touching the dust and lick it off (much more pleasurable if you do this prior to picking your nose or scratching your ass!). I now cap it for convenience and stealth. A size 3 capsule lightly tamped is my daily regimen presently. Expect a modest onset within 30-45 minutes with a linear ramp up to a peak at around 4-5 hour mark with a nice long lasting plateau. I often experience some mildly pleasurable effects as long as 8 hours after ingestion. I find taking it with my morning cup of coffee generally enhances the effect a bit.

Dinkydow Dust. Try it, you’ll like it!!

BCDD

Do a basic web page search on how to make canna butter or cookies and read the first section on how the author decarboxolizes their weed. Skip the rest of the recipe. Takes less time to read that paragraph than it does to load up the 10 minute video.

Don't worry about the rubber ring under the lid. All those Mason and canning jars are designed for food. The rubber under the lid produces the seal to keep the outside air from contaminating the food after it has been processed. Kind of hard to find a glass jar of food on the shelf in the grocery store that does not have a rubber ring.

I guess I might try the masons jar method although not sure if the lid should or should not have rubber coating at the lid.. i.e normally you don't want to expose rubber to heat in your meal. Also I guess for safety the lid should not be tight shut.

So the mason jar method does not change the temp but the time is a bit longer. This method is great if smell is an issue, this method smells a lot less. You can do 1 of 2 things 1 the top with a hole in the middle.
2 put tin foil over the jar and screw the outer ring over the tinfoil.
The one and only thing you need to worry about is don’t shove too much in the jar so the Heat can get around the buds. You are just toasting them
230f for about an hour, it will look toasted.

I got curious about what the rubber ring in the canning jar lids really is. I let google start the search.

Simply put it is a rubber & plastic compound or mix that is liquid at the start. After being put on the ring it is heated up higher than canning operations and that makes it inert. The rubber & plastic ring will not melt at normal cooking and canning temperature. No rubber or plastic chemicals will off-gas at canning temperatures.

Some trivia and not much to do with the canning jar method of decarboxalizing. The stuff will be a thick liquid and flow at room temperature when the factory first puts it on the lids. But after they heat it up the first time the rubber compound will not flow again. Heat it up and it will burn and turn to ash but it will not become a thick liquid again.

I got curious about what the rubber ring in the canning jar lids really is. I let google start the search.

Simply put it is a rubber & plastic compound or mix that is liquid at the start. After being put on the ring it is heated up higher than canning operations and that makes it inert. The rubber & plastic ring will not melt at normal cooking and canning temperature. No rubber or plastic chemicals will off-gas at canning temperatures.

Some trivia and not much to do with the canning jar method of decarboxalizing. The stuff will be a thick liquid and flow at room temperature when the factory first puts it on the lids. But after they heat it up the first time the rubber compound will not flow again. Heat it up and it will burn and turn to ash but it will not become a thick liquid again.
I have another research job for you. Check if it will be more efficient to take decarb weed in special capsules that are designed to withstand the stomach destructive envrironment. Such capsules are used for example with probiotics food supplements.

OK Bitches ! I just had my first successful edible. It is very weird. I did not vape but yet I feel high ? Am I high or not ?
Feels like I am high AND GOOD HIGH.

And this shit comes from Already Vaped Material , after cooking in OIL for 1 hour. CANT BELIEVE HOW MUCH STTUFF I HAVE BEEN THROWING AWAY !

Only 0.3 Grams per high. bitches.

I have another research job for you. Check if it will be more efficient to take decarb weed in special capsules that are designed to withstand the stomach destructive envrironment. Such capsules are used for example with probiotics food supplements.
I do not do edibles so I figure you are on your own. Start with something like a keyword or two of: capsules digestion

and read a couple of the links. Then the next search involves using some of the ideas and words from the first.

I've been so high on AVB (already vaped bud) that I couldn't do anything because I was so distracted by how loud my nose hairs were whistling when I breathed. "What the hell? Is someone taking violin lessons or is that me?? (weeeeee hweeeeee)"

Back
Top Bottom