Single Plant: First Grow

Old1stTimer

This is my first grow ever in my life. I started one single seed to see if this was even possible for me. I have no idea what strain the seed is or if they were harvest from a male plant or just bagseed. But with the help of 420 mag and all the great folks involed im sure to both get and give all I can to contribute and succeed with your grow and mine.
Than you all in advance for your patience and kindness as I work on this journal and learn as we grow.

Have you germinated your seed, or are you still in the planning stage?

Have you decided whether you'll grow outdoors or inside?
Will you grow in soil, or use one of the many soil less methods?
Have you thought about nutrients or fertilizer for your plant?

This is my first grow ever in my life. I started one single seed to see if this was even possible for me. I have no idea what strain the seed is or if they were harvest from a male plant or just bagseed. But with the help of 420 mag and all the great folks involed im sure to both get and give all I can to contribute and succeed with your grow and mine.
Than you all in advance for your patience and kindness as I work on this journal and learn as we grow.
Here goes:

I am in a 6' x 4' x 8' closet and I just decided to grow 1 seed from the 30 that I had.
The strain: of this seed is unknown and I didn't know to ask but I don't hear from him so I still dont know. He did say when he gave them to me that all his seeds were female. Nice last words to hear huh?
This is my poor man grow in an apartment closet no room for error
The lighting is 2 Phillips flood grow bulbs 120 w each for 240 w total, with metal shrouds and clamps on a timer. will see timer later. 18/6 light schedule

I read about topping so I did but I think I robbed myself of quantity.

The soil wasn't anything special it came from home depot but was NOT miracle grow and the bucket was plastic from Kmart maybe 2G But she is looking very healthy

2 weeks before this stage is when I flipped lights to 12/12
20191201_192822.jpg

I only ended up with 4 main colas on her but they look good and leaves are soft and standing at attention. But they were growing slow for a long time because of nasty fluctuations in both temp and humidity till I got the humidifier. Now been pretty stable
20191204_193822.jpg

This is my Touch Smart digital Timer with a 6am to 6pm setting that I have it set on as I am in flowering now.
20191204_195338.jpg

My Acu Rite thermostat and humidity surveillance.
20191204_193426.jpg

I got as close up as I could and I have another pic closer but only lets me post 10 pics
20191204_193617.jpg

This is my Root Riot both for seed and clones
20191204_193651.jpg

My humidifier. if I dont run this machine my RH% drops to 31% and temps climbed to 81F. The drop was happening when the lights were on. When I started using this humidifier within a couple days it stabilized and now steady at 73F and 45% RH + - with lights ON and around 77F with 51% RH with lights OFF.
The FF happy frog you see is a brand new bag I bought today. It is for a new project and brand new journal more proper than this one.
20191204_193757.jpg

I use Black Magic ph/up and ph/down and tiger bloom. I water once a week with nutes and flush the next then nute then flush but I cant seem to get her stems and stalk fatter.

20191204_193237.jpg

So as of today and I think I seeded this one in september this is what she now looks like.
also keep in mind I can not alter anything in this apartment so I am also using a non oscillating wall fan to breeze over the tops of her gorgous flowers. I keep that running 24/7 and the temps and humidity seem to stay within the reasonable growing atmosphere that they thrive on.
20191204_193009.jpg

Lights off at 6am and lights on at 6pm sealed tight lights off and I ventilate for 12 hours with door open and lights on.
so this is my poor mans grow and I must say that I am quite proud of it! This is a pic of my grow room. It is now a hobby of mine to complete journal after journal for the next few grows as I will have changed up a little and will be growing 12/12 from seed to harvest with the handful of unknown seeds that I have. I will be interested in harvesting both Indica and sativa if possible.

Hints tips and tricks as well as just plain ol feedback is invited and questions. I will be glad to listen. Lots of seasoned growers on 420 Mag and if you want to know the truth about all this is yes it is my first ever grow and I only got this far because of reading these forums and all of your answers. Kind of like a 12 step meeting you take what you want and leave the rest. I will keep you posted on the progress and harvest of this girl.
Thank again 420Mag

So this is my first grow with more journals and more grows to come but with a different approach. Am I even in the right place to do a journal ????

It is a good idea to do one grow with the minimum expense that you can. Your plant is now in flower, so you know you can grow. It may be time to plan your next one, and even get your next plant started.

The best thing you can do to improve the yield is add more light. Your plant is very 'leggy' with long internodes, or distances between the leaves. Your harvest will be low, with light, airy buds from your current setup. A good LED from one of our sponsors for one or two plants will cost less than an ounce of flower, and probably more than quadruple your yield.

It is a good idea to do one grow with the minimum expense that you can. Your plant is now in flower, so you know you can grow. It may be time to plan your next one, and even get your next plant started.

The best thing you can do to improve the yield is add more light. Your plant is very 'leggy' with long internodes, or distances between the leaves. Your harvest will be low, with light, airy buds from your current setup. A good LED from one of our sponsors for one or two plants will cost less than an ounce of flower, and probably more than quadruple your yield.
[/QUOTE
So now I am looking at lights and found a 600 w Led. Would a 600 w be ok for the size of this area of grow? Also my next grow is going to be a test of growing 12/12 from seed to harvest and I am thinking the 600 would be ok for that kind of grow?

If I buy this light would it be ok to hang and use for the plant that is allready in flower? or will it stress the plant to change over?

Yes I plan to make my own scrog as she is getting a little top heavy lol
And please give me instruction on how to use.
Do I still make sure lights go off for 12 hrs with complete darkness or do I use the bloom switch for the 12 hrs
or is the bloom switch only used during the 12 hrs lights are on?

That 600watt light probably isn't a real 600 watt at the wall. IMHO 120 true LED watts minimum, which is about equal to 250 W HID per 4 sq ft(2X2'). I suggest a light without a fan that is passively cooled. Marshydro, and Budget LED are both sponsors here, and make those kind of lights. Samsung LM301H chips are top of the line.

In bloom, they need at least 12 hours of complete darkness to stay in bloom. I usually run a little less than 12 hours of light.

I would definitely use it right away, hanging higher than suggested and lowering slowly. Those buds have enough time to fatten up a bit before harvest if you give them some more lumens.

That 600watt light probably isn't a real 600 watt at the wall. IMHO 120 true LED watts minimum, which is about equal to 250 W HID per 4 sq ft(2X2'). I suggest a light without a fan that is passively cooled. Marshydro, and Budget LED are both sponsors here, and make those kind of lights. Samsung LM301H chips are top of the line.

In bloom, they need at least 12 hours of complete darkness to stay in bloom. I usually run a little less than 12 hours of light.

I would definitely use it right away, hanging higher than suggested and lowering slowly. Those buds have enough time to fatten up a bit before harvest if you give them some more lumens.
Nice I will look into the suggested lights through the sponsors. Thank you for yer input

I have plans to do the scrog when lights come on thnx.
I made my frame from 1/2"pvc. Used what are called furniture fittings for the corners. This is my second try. My first was in plastic pots, and now I'm using bags for the first time.

The yellow plants are my mamas and I am retarding growth, so they are yellow.

Attachments

• DSC01964.JPG
    DSC01964.JPG
    859 KB · Views: 22
I made my frame from 1/2"pvc. Used what are called furniture fittings for the corners. This is my second try. My first was in plastic pots, and now I'm using bags for the first time.

The yellow plants are my mamas and I am retarding growth, so they are yellow.
How about this for a scrog. Those white tabs are are just stickums that have a hook attached I think I did the best I could for what I had around the house lol. I didn't really know why they got so leggy because I didn't do any defoliation to this plant. The scrog goes at least half way to tops I am pretty satisfied it will hold her buds now if she gives me some! lol
20191205_184631.jpg

How about this for a scrog. Those white tabs are are just stickums that have a hook attached I think I did the best I could for what I had around the house lol. I didn't really know why they got so leggy because I didn't do any defoliation to this plant. The scrog goes at least half way to tops I am pretty satisfied it will hold her buds now if she gives me some! lol
20191205_184631.jpg
That should work for this plant, but take a look at the SCROG tutorial in my signature for more info for your next grow.

Back
Top Bottom