Small air conditioner?

Ripples

Looking to cool temps for flower in a 4x4x7... Just can't seem to find an ac unit small enough? Any suggestions on how to cool things down without cooling the entire room. Have three tents all the same size but at different stages... I like to keep things at 72-75 lights on and that's not a problem, but cooling things down at night lights out it stays much the same! only drops a few if any. I like to bring it down to low 60's but that will never happen without some cooling device...(first summer grow) Could cool the entire room but that only causes issues with the other tents. Like to keep things in the 70's for veg. and cooling the entire room cools them as well. All 3 tents passive air flow. 2nd grow and still trying to master the art of growing. Like to treat each tent as an individual. Any suggestions?

Set up as follows: 4x4x7 with 8" inline 723 cfm passive intake with 24" filter all outside of tent. Temps lights on low 70's lights off the same. HR 50-55, good air flow fans inside tent, air-cooled 1000 hps for flower. 9 ladies "Chronic" in soilless. All plants are healthy. FF Nutes. Last grow yielded 27 oz. same set up. It was winter and temps were much easier to control. Seems easier to heat up than to cool down!

Yeah the only option I see to reduce temps in the 70's to 60's would be equipment like an AC. I've seen the window AC units and the standalone units as options. The window would only work in very specific situations so more than likely you would need the standalone unit. Before considering buying one, know that you have to vent the heat from the unit outside somehow and it will probably require a decent amount of maintenance, not to mention a couple hundred bucks to buy it and set it up initially. But with that said, it would probably work well and give you the results you want if you have the means of installing it.

Looks that way... Not a money issue but don't need a 5000 BTU for a 4x4? Can't find anything smaller! Suppose I could cool the 2 flower tents if I split the duct? Could possibly cool the entire room and heat the veg if needed? Was hoping to find a very small standalone AC Unit just for a 4x4... thanks, I'll keep you posted!

I think you are ok with thous temps all grow long... R u kidding, I'd love to be able to maintain temps like that. Don't spent money on things you don't realy need. The vege tent is good with thins temps but if you bring em down it may not be. But wait for more opinions...

Back
Top Bottom