Smell while smoking a joint/blunt?

Tie-Dyed Soul

Living with some room mates who don't care that I smoke, but would prefer the smell doesn't "spill out" into the rest of the house.

So far I put a towel at the crack under the door, burn incense, have a window open with a fan in it (think I should be blowing air in or out?), and smoke near said window. Anything else? the biggest problem would seem to be the constant stream of smoke.

Or will all this be a huge hassle and I should just bite the bullet and invest in a new piece finally?

Peace and love,

Paul

I went thru that during college and never had a problem with it. Open the window, smoke not to far from it and from the opposite side of the room have a fan blowing, this way you'll get a constant air circulation.

Incense is definitely a good thing, you can also light a candle for a little while after you're done smoking. I don't know why, but that help with the odor. Also, blunts will smell more then joints, so maybe stick to joints for a little while. You also want to get rid of the roaches/ashes cuz they give out a bad smell.

to mask the smell use the dryer sheet around an empty toilet paper roll.. blow the smoke through the dryer sheet and it will smell like the dryer sheet. and a window fan blowing up will also help.. its a pretty simple solution.

Even if you put a towel under the door, the smell will still slip through the top and sides of the door. Get a cheap throw blanket, a fleece blanket is 5-10 bucks. tack it over the top of the door. Put your towel under the door, drop the blanket down and there ya go. If you get a pattern you like looking at, it's just something cool to look at while you are in your room. You can also buy inexpensive weatherstriping and put around the door.

Smoking close to the window is a great idea. But buy a candle. Don't burn incense. Even if someone doesn't smell the weed, they still know exactly what you're doing.

Peace:rollit:

If smell if really such an issue then I would invest in a pipe or vaporizer.

Anyway I would put a fan in front of the door blowing towards the window. Use a "Spoof" as mentioned. Also incense work to cver up the smell but dont eliminate the odor.

Remember this one thing though...It may not smell like pot to you once your finished smoking, but to somebody that doesnt smoke they might still be able to smell it.

Anyway I would put a fan in front of the door blowing towards the window. Use a "Spoof" as mentioned. Also incense work to cver up the smell but dont eliminate the odor.

Remember this one thing though...It may not smell like pot to you once your finished smoking, but to somebody that doesnt smoke they might still be able to smell it.

too true SG. Never trust your own scent to uncorver that smell after youve smoked. i just dont think it can happen. anyway.... what about this...making a contraption that uses a tube like a paper towel roll or something of similar size... connecting a computer fan to it.. to blow out of the tube. (hold it to the window while u blow out through the dryer sheets through the tube and the fan blows the smoke out of the window... and if u had a strong enough pull with the fan, if u let your bowl or end of a joint or blunt sit right next to the suction it will pulll that smoke out... LOL kind of like the second friday movie, with the vacoom and the lips.. :ganjamon:

If you put the fan in the window facing out, it will suck all the dank air out of the room and hallway. When you are done face the fan back in to the room and take that dryer sheet and put it on the grill of the fan .Dryer sheets are great, you can even wipe your hands with them, it will take the smell off your hands. Even works if you have been cutting onions.:peace:

Stoner Grower says...
Just think of all the money you would save.

I'm curious...blowing all this smoke out the window. The room smells great, but the yard reeks.

I have 2 very good words for you ION FILTER..... there getting cheaper and way better then any thing you could try. Just turn it on and smoke next to it. There made to pull the ions out of the air to get rid of smoke and other air born particles.

wow...i didnt know that there were that many tricks for getting rid of the smell...i would just open a window and fabreeze everything lol

Its nice that everyone is giving you advice, good advice too...I never thought of the paper towel trick. But i'll tell you this. If your furnace has a cold air return, it will be hard to keep the smell confined. Cold air returns suck the air out of a room and recirculate it through the furnace then blow that air through out the entire house....If you do have a cold air return.....It would be a good idea to completely seal it so that great scent of MJ doesnt get out.

a few tea candles around my room always does the trick, in conjunction with the window open, towel under the door, etc. they help burn up the smoke

Living with some room mates who don't care that I smoke, but would prefer the smell doesn't "spill out" into the rest of the house.

So far I put a towel at the crack under the door, burn incense, have a window open with a fan in it (think I should be blowing air in or out?), and smoke near said window. Anything else? the biggest problem would seem to be the constant stream of smoke.

Or will all this be a huge hassle and I should just bite the bullet and invest in a new piece finally?

Peace and love,

Paul
sounds like you got it covered so far, unless there is like 15 people in your room all puffin on their own fat ass join/blunt/bong haha ect.

all i used to do when i lived in an apartment with my mom, was put a fan in the window (blowing out) and just blow smoke at it , or atleast in the general direction..
SHHHHHH!! :passitleft:
!!KEEP IT ON THE DL YO!!!
:passitleft:

Its nice that everyone is giving you advice, good advice too...I never thought of the paper towel trick. But i'll tell you this. If your furnace has a cold air return, it will be hard to keep the smell confined. Cold air returns suck the air out of a room and recirculate it through the furnace then blow that air through out the entire house....If you do have a cold air return.....It would be a good idea to completely seal it so that great scent of MJ doesnt get out.

in which case, your fucked.. go smoke with the sheep!!

Hey JudiA If you thro lavender and rosemary on the rug and your're there too you got to smell pretty good as well. I am almost 65 and the only problem I have with floor rollers nowadays is getting back up. But then, who cares.

Back
Top Bottom