Snapped a main branch! help

satch

I have a plant in flower for a week she was in veg for 10 weeks approx 4-1/2' i had topped her in veg and she has three main cola locations she was a little big for the flowering room so i tried to do a little LST which in turn caused me High stress cause i snapped it right at the V where it was topped originally so i taped it as well as i could and it was a fairly neat job. I guess my question is has anyone else experienced this and have had any success at fixing it without losing the entire plant.
any input would be appreciated.
oh yes i know im a dumb ass.

yikes.. hope your plant can recover

It depends on how bad the 'snap' was, satch, but either way I doubt you'll lose your *entire* plant. Worse case scenario, you lose the branch that was broken. These plants are fairly resilient, even as seedlings/newly rooted clones, and most will bounce back from a major injury within a week or two.

Did the whole branch actually snap (completely separate from the plant), did it break halfway and tear a little..? If it just tore but at least 25-50% was still attached, a good patch job with tape should allow it to heal and continue growing (and if it does heal up, it will be that much stronger once it scars over, like supercropping). If the whole branch snapped completely off the plant, I wouldn't bother with it, just chalk it up to a lesson learned.. :grinjoint:

And it happens to all of us at one time or another I'm sure, especially those that like to experiment with LST. Works great with 90% of the strains I have, one in particular just has really thick woody stalks that don't bend, they SNAP. So she just grows au naturale... :morenutes:

- CP

yes me too guess a lesson was learned it was really starting to flower well under cfl's and today installed a 1000 watt HPS that is really why i ran outta room had to keep the canopy lower than it was with the cfl's.good news is the other mother is going in tommorow since i have about 8 viable clones.durban poison/ak47 supposedly got the mothers from a friend and that is what they said it was.
thanks for responding cpt. and Cali.:peace:

it wasn't completly off but it was hanging buy a thread it will be a miracle if it does heal.it's just alot of work down the hatch so to speak. i just think i tried to use the wrong part to bend it snapped like a wishbone.

If the branch is back in position from where it snapped, essentially the guts are now touching again...she will heal. I've done the same dumb thing (no offense), it's amazing how fast they heal. Keep it splinted for a week or so. You'll see a nice knot where the wound was.

:thumb:

thanks yard dog no offense taken as soon as i did it i was like oh shit you dumbass.i've since cooled down a little i have bigger fish to fry the new 1000 watt light i got yesterday draws 11.5 amps on its own and when i wired the rooms i put them on there own 20 amp circuit sooo now i have to run a dedicated 30 amp circuit for just that light to be safe.i have a 6x6x7h room papered completley in orca including the floor i can't enter the room without sunglasses and sunscreen lol.also gotta get more airflow brought my temps to around 84 deg.may have to invest in an A/C unit.

good news so far seems to be doing ok i would imagine it would have atleast died off on that branch.knock on wood.

Back
Top Bottom