Fixing a broken plant?

vapo-eyes

I was attempting to tie down one of my taller girls and took it too far making it snap. It didn't break completely. Is there a way to salvage her? It broke about 6-8 inches from the top where she is flowering. I was thinking maybe rooting gel and bandaiding her up to see if she will pull through. Any ideas from experienced growers. Will upload pics later tonight..dammit, 3wks into flower and she was looking good. The others were tied down already but she took off over the course of 3 days and was towering over the squat plants in the middle of the box.

Hi V-E.

If it didn't snap completely, most of the time it will grow back into place.

If you want you can "work-up" a splint with Popsicle sticks, but from my experience, just give her a couple of days, and you'll notice that "break" in the stem will repair itself and she'll right herself towards the light source.

Not a biggie.

SF

Hi V-E.

If it didn't snap completely, most of the time it will grow back into place.

If you want you can "work-up" a splint with Popsicle sticks, but from my experience, just give her a couple of days, and you'll notice that "break" in the stem will repair itself and she'll right herself towards the light source.

Not a biggie.

SF

Thanks SF, seeing her poor leaves starting to wilt breaks my heart, she is flowering nicely on the top and didn't want to lose her. I screwed up with doing two strains so I have tall azz girls and shortys in the same box...I've learned my lesson. That and tie down early.

Yeah man, we live and learn.

I have a White Widow that's currently growing into the light, so I've been doing what you accidentally did (I keep "bending/breaking") the top of the plant, and lo and behold after a day or two it repairs itself, still budding up top, so no ill-effects noticed.

Have a great night.
SF

Crap and double crap, was trying to tie down the big girl in the back down some more and completely snapped the broked one. Now deciding whether or not to pull her to give more room for the amazons crowding everyone out.

Not much room in these boxes, thinkin following the other bbox growers leads and SCROG'n next go round.

Crap and double crap, was trying to tie down the big girl in the back down some more and completely snapped the broked one. Now deciding whether or not to pull her to give more room for the amazons crowding everyone out.

Not much room in these boxes, thinkin following the other bbox growers leads and SCROG'n next go round.

Well now I believe the technique you have performed is called a "Supercrop". And she'll probably still be okay, (she's) just going to put energy into fattening up the other remaining cola's. And you won't have to worry about the height concern in your BB.

Could still turn out positive for you V-E!

SF

Back
Top Bottom