Help! I totally messed up! Broken plant

Dizzylizzy420

Yeah I'm so stupid !!! I tied down my plant (Blueberry Auto)nice and easy . Well I guess the bending was too much for my girl and 100 percent snapped in half . Clean break totally off . I'm so pissed ! I tried to tape it back on . But you can see instantly in a snap of my fingers that broken half wilt in seconds . I did my best and taped her up . I'm in 2-3 werks . I have HID lights, soil grow , ph 6.2 , heat 82. Started January 6 2017 .
IMG_030751.JPG
this was her a couple days ago but now the top is broken . Is there any point in trying to save this top ? I'll post an updated pic later today . She looks horrible the top half . I'm going out but left her taped up . If she make it I'll be surprised and shocked .

Re: HELP !!! I totally fked up ! Broken plant

The plant should live. I've broken close to 100% and taped it back with no problem on a photoperiod. An auto on the other hand would probably just lose yield. Maybe someone with more auto experience can chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Wow ! Quick response ! I took a picture to share . I'm so stupid !!!! I should have left the darn plant be .
IMG_032539.JPG
IMG_032738.JPG

If i were you i would grab a new seed and start over. So sad. :( if it were a photo this would be no problem at all... But on your auto the clock is ticking and your yield will suffer alot without that top and all that stress.

Personally i would not waste space, time and money on this plant.

I snapped 2 nice branches of 2 young photo clones too just a week ago, it hurts. Some plants at the same age were fine but this nebula strain snapped right away.

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Pull the top off and just let her be. It's a weed, they have been through worse and almost always will find a way to love and thrive. Many people top anyway to increase yield.. remove the broken area as it is just slowly dying and keep her hydrated and with adequate light and she will reward you. Starting new from seed will take longer than just letting this one grow back again.

Sent from mikeytv

Pull the top off and just let her be. It's a weed, they have been through worse and almost always will find a way to love and thrive. Many people top anyway to increase yield.. remove the broken area as it is just slowly dying and keep her hydrated and with adequate light and she will reward you. Starting new from seed will take longer than just letting this one grow back again.

Sent from mikeytv
But why keep it? Its an auto and probably wont recover till flower and it is only 2-3 weeks old. But if its just one plant out of many and a new one would cause timer problems i would keep it too. But not put any effort into this if you only able to grow a small amount of plants

Ok. I trust you. :) what are the newest, best and most stress resistant auto strains you guys know or heard of? Maybe i will add 2 fast autos to my future 6 plant grows so i can harvest when i flip to flower :)

Yeah I think you can leave it so you will see how that strain reacts to that kind of stress...Always looking for new things hehehehe

Always thirsty for knowledge!!!

If I leave the broken piece taped will it harm the rest of the plant if it doesn't heal itself ?

No, it will not harm the plant in any way to tape it. I'm confused did you snap it 100% or is some still attached?
If it wasn't snapped off completely I would tape it. Yes it will look limp for a bit but it will bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I broke my main stem in half and it was hanging by a piece of skin and it turned out fine. The thing is get it as tight as you can and tape it and leave it alone. It should heal stronger then it was originally

Try to keep it clean and if you wanted to you can put a little honey on it. Honey acts as a natural antiseptic but if it's already taped I would leave it alone.

Ps your not stupid. Accidents happen but dont be to hard on yourself. Chances are if you are a grower then youve most likely had a branch break before.

YOU ARE NOT STUPID

happy growing

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Completely 200 percent snapped in half . Like I held the other half in one hand . I'm so very upset . This was one of my best growing well not anymore . That part is droopy and it feel crunchy at the tip .

No problem just let it do its things and it will pull something out

Always thirsty for knowledge!!!

I did the same thing with one of my clones I broke the main stem right in half was only holding on by shreds I taped it and lost a bit of bud I also did it to another plant and just put it in dirt as a clone and it caught

Back
Top Bottom