So much work goes into it, in every area!

Just wanted to say that growing Cannabis can and is one of the toughest jobs one can endeavor in. From the garden prep, to choosing the grow stock, preparing the soil, garden prep, working in dirt(Outdoor mostly), sweating in the heat, garden prep, getting eaten alive by every mosquito or Deer Fly or any other biting bug(Outdoors), constantly watering and fertilizing which is not so bad when it is nice and cool outside, but in the summer when it is over 90 degrees, it is pure unadulterated HELL!!! Finding trust worthy people to help with the multitude of tasks, especially at harvest time when you have a time limit to bring in the ripe buds. The constant worry about weather during harvest time, etc etc etc. It is one of the hardest jobs I have ever had If I did not enjoy it so much, I would have thrown in the towel long ago, but I truly do love it. They say that any job that you have, that you love to do, is really not work, but an extension of what you love. Now I do not know if the person that wrote this ever did any physical labor, but I can assure you that if they loved growing, they would have to admit that it is a lot of work, no matter how much you/we enjoy it. I just read the closed thread on the Disappearing Growers, I have to say that I agree with the 420 staff 100%. Their example of helping sponsors get started, then those same sponsors either burning them, or trying to steal their clientele or both. Their example of people getting all chummy and friendly at first, when they are trying to get what they want, is spot on. It is the same when I introduce other growers to my crew, then find out later on that they tried to get my crew mates to flip on me and go help them, or tried to get those same people to give up personal info on me. They also like to try and take away and under cut me in every way you can think of. Luckily I rely on my family for help, they are loyal, and stay so, even when people give them better offers than I can. I take good care of my crew, and they do the same for me. And if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Something, thankfully my crew knows full well, plus you do not EVER burn family. Which I am sure your 420 family knows full well. Now, after reading your post on Disappearing Growers, I understand your rules a lot better, and agree with them as well. Remember the old saying"Beware of Strangers Bringing/Bearing Gifts. a lot of wisdom in that old saying, I should get it tattooed on my arm, LOL! THANK YOU. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I don't think that many have disappeared, we all get busy from time to time. Wile the growing season is upon us in the northern hemi, I for one chose to unplug as much as I can. When I have something of value to say (my opinion) I will post.
You are rite, most of the B.S. we experience in a negative way is totally if not completely unrelated to this site.
The first rule in growing iiiiissss NEVER TELL ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
So if you come on here or any site share your secrets then introduce yourself and expose yourself to a 6 o'clock shot don't be surprised. I believe this site follows a code of ethic's not common in the world today. My hats off to 420

You are so right about EVERYTHING that you wrote. I tend to unplug as well, after I am full blown into it, or after Harvest, especially after Harvest and during the (Usually) middle of the Outdoor grow. I NEVER TELL ANYONE I AM GROWING, even if I know they are. Unless I am un-willfully introduced to them, which never really happens because EVERYONE that knows, knows how I feel about this. Or I check them out for awhile, and after about a year or so, I may or may not let them know, USUALLY I NEVER LET THEM KNOW! It is just safer that way. As I am sure you know Blue Sky. And yes this site does have a remarkable code of ethics, that I am pleasantly surprised by. Even the 6 o'clock shots are done with understanding, and dare I say compassion. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

deff rite all the way..wen buddys are smokin tht crop in the fall and wana buy it all up to impress and not appreciate it makes ya almost not want to let it go..if thy only new the half of wat went into it

Totally and completely true walshy19. That is why I never have Herb relations with people, unless they are "REAL" MMJ Patients. And yes unless they are doing it, they have absolutely no conception of what really goes into the Art, because lets face it, and not to sound SMUG, or like we are patting Ourselves on the back, it is an ART. Like most artists, We tend to get better with age, and or experience. The Hours are long, the work is hard, and the Completion of the season is Priceless, in so many ways, like a job well done, or I learned something new this year, or didn't everyone work well together this Year, things like these that make it priceless to contribute to the Art. I think I am rambling, sorry! Anyways, you are spot on when you say they have no idea as to the work that goes into it. Hope you are doing well, and growing plenty. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

It`s a labor of love, so is it really work? This is how I look at it, as I sweat my ass off taking care of my small garden. After harvest as I set back and enjoy the fruits of my labor I realize i`m addicted to it. I can`t wait for the next crop to be harvested to see if I improved in any area. So is it really work?
Peace & Great Growing
YR

Back
Top Bottom