Lets not let them destroy what we fought for

Savvage61

yesterday a friend Brought over a couple bags of Gummies for me when they thru them on my desk I said thank you I figured after work ill eat a couple do a few B's and relax. but as I looked at the packaging I had some emotional reactions and relaxation was not one of them. it was more like getting really Pissed off

Those of you who know me Know's Im one of those old farts that always wants to talk about his grandkids and show thier pictures I have 2 sons 6 grandkids and 3 great grandkids, and most of my hair. My entire family has all been raised with the presence of cannabis in thier life. NO No one ever touched it with our ok until they were 18 yrs old. they were told when they were old enough to make thier own decisions. we taught them to understand it was against the law, a very bad law that made good people into out laws and put good people in jail for a long time while making the Bad people rich.

But now that it is becoming legal the same bad people it made rich are abusing it and without any regard for safety or the message they send they are distorting what we fought for .But this time they are endangering our family's and especially our childern all over again in the name of GETTING MORE MONEY AND POWER!

dont get me wrong Im all for legalization and selling it hell I sold pot to help raise my family (I had a reg Job also) But it has got to be responsible so may disagree but im asking all the people from NORML and everyone else who fought for legalization HOW DO WE FIGHT THIS ? HOW MANY KIDS ENDED UP IN A HOSPITAL BECUASE THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE EATING GUMMIE BEARS
we cant let them put this on us becuase they will once again we will be the drug addicts and we will be called the problem. big money wont be blamed they will just get richer Look at the image below those of you who have small children could you see your kids eatting these the entire bag?
20230111_102617.jpg
l

Totally agree. I’ve seen all kinds of edibles in look alike candy wrappers or chips bags. I could totally see both of my kids eating them which is why when we have them they are put up Where kids can’t get to them.

Depends what State you live in and the rules, not allowed in Oregon anything that appeal to minors. Can't even call the Strain Girl Scout Cookies, so it is now called GSC at dispensary and on label.

yesterday a friend Brought over a couple bags of Gummies for me when they thru them on my desk I said thank you I figured after work ill eat a couple do a few B's and relax. but as I looked at the packaging I had some emotional reactions and relaxation was not one of them. it was more like getting really Pissed off

Those of you who know me Know's Im one of those old farts that always wants to talk about his grandkids and show thier pictures I have 2 sons 6 grandkids and 3 great grandkids, and most of my hair. My entire family has all been raised with the presence of cannabis in thier life. NO No one ever touched it with our ok until they were 18 yrs old. they were told when they were old enough to make thier own decisions. we taught them to understand it was against the law, a very bad law that made good people into out laws and put good people in jail for a long time while making the Bad people rich.

But now that it is becoming legal the same bad people it made rich are abusing it and without any regard for safety or the message they send they are distorting what we fought for .But this time they are endangering our family's and especially our childern all over again in the name of GETTING MORE MONEY AND POWER!

dont get me wrong Im all for legalization and selling it hell I sold pot to help raise my family (I had a reg Job also) But it has got to be responsible so may disagree but im asking all the people from NORML and everyone else who fought for legalization HOW DO WE FIGHT THIS ? HOW MANY KIDS ENDED UP IN A HOSPITAL BECUASE THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE EATING GUMMIE BEARS
we cant let them put this on us becuase they will once again we will be the drug addicts and we will be called the problem. big money wont be blamed they will just get richer Look at the image below those of you who have small children could you see your kids eatting these the entire bag?
20230111_102617.jpg
l

I can’t tell you how aggravated I am with this entire scenario. I’m also really annoyed with the way it’s being covered in the media.. They’re reporting on kids consuming cannabis products like it’s the first time something like this has ever happened. Like parents haven’t had to lock their liquor cabinets since forever. Like the first time I got drunk wasn’t from stealing my parents tequila. It’s frustrating that alcohol always seems to just skate by like no big deal but kids get some gummies and now Satan is demanding their souls.

Now, the edibles themselves. This stuff is so frustrating. We’re adults. This is meant for adult consumption. Putting it in bags and packages that mimic candy is both an insult to the consumer and completely irresponsible. I don’t get it at all. Im not a litigious man, I despise laws and authority, but I cannot wait until companies start suing the crap out of these producers. You deserve to be put under the courthouse for stupid crap like this.

Depends what State you live in and the rules, not allowed in Oregon anything that appeal to minors. Can't even call the Strain Girl Scout Cookies, so it is now called GSC at dispensary and on label.

I dislike having to agree with regulation, it’s an awkward position to take for me, but if people aren’t going to police themselves up, someone has to.

Those are black market gummies.
The legal ones can't imitate legitimate candies like those ones do.
I don't know what it's like down there, but packaging that looks like that (aside from the trademark infringement) is banned up here for legal products.

The issue of kids eating edibles has been around as long as edibles have. The current panic over it is mainly due to reporting bias. When weed was illegal people wouldn't admit their kids had gotten into their stash because they'd have to admit to having a stash.

The issue of kids eating edibles has been around as long as edibles have. The current panic over it is mainly due to reporting bias. When weed was illegal people wouldn't admit their kids had gotten into their stash because they'd have to admit to having a stash.

Yup! I love when adults pretend this stuff hasn’t been around forever.. kids I knew were huffing compressed air in a can, spray paint, taking coricidin cough medicine by the package, and all kind of ridiculous crap. I’d take a kid getting into edibles over that nonsense any day

A friend of mine was taking 20+ gravol tablets. He said it was like acid, just easier to get.
That was in the 90s. I think they've changed the formula.

God forbid he would’ve gotten his hands on an edible /s

Humans are wild.. we’ve been trying to numb ourselves or feel anything other than sober since forever, and we’ll go to some pretty extreme lengths. Prohibition, abstinence, all of it has never made any sense at all to me. People will find a way to subvert anyone who attempts to control their life.

they can in the US. it's legal there as long as it says it contains thc, which the packaging indicates. the issue up here in canada is they often do not change the packaging on imported products.

we have a stricter approach. it's more about self governance in the US. that's how gun stores, pawn shops, and liquor stores became the three most common independent retail businesses there.

they can in the US. it's legal there as long as it says it contains thc, which the packaging indicates. the issue up here in canada is they often do not change the packaging on imported products.
Each State has their own rules, until the Feds change theirs. Oregon can't have packaging like that, as appeals to minors and they could lose their license. Blackmarket stuff they do whatever but can't see them going to the bother to package like that, but I guess who knows. Oregon even made the non tobacco flavored nicotine vape products illegal also, as it appeals to minors yadda yaddda, but then OR is 21 to buy cigs too along with alcohol and cannabis, but you can get drafted into the military at 18.

Each State has their own rules, until the Feds change theirs. Oregon can't have packaging like that, as appeals to minors and they could lose their license. Blackmarket stuff they do whatever but can't see them going to the bother to package like that, but I guess who knows. Oregon even made the non tobacco flavored nicotine vape products illegal also, as it appeals to minors yadda yaddda, but then OR is 21 to buy cigs too along with alcohol and cannabis, but you can get drafted into the military at 18.

ours are federal concerning packaging. access is controlled by the province though.

I don't know what it's like down there, but packaging that looks like that (aside from the trademark infringement) is banned up here for legal products.

here in VA it is still illegal to SELL weed til sometime this yr so they have what they call POP-UPS you get a invitation on snap chat/insta gram you get a place and a time you (and half of richmond) go to some back alley garage and it is like a flea market for pot dealers. very uncomfortable place i im a tough old bird these pop-up can be pretty sketchy and have me looking over my shoulder(thank God I have no reason to go there again TY MY 420 FRIENDS). a lot of the sellers come down from NY city (no offense meant to NYers) we are half way down the 95 corridor. there is no doubt these things are ran by organized crime and organized Gangs (how do I know? its the same people I got coke and dope from many yrs ago) yes they most likely are bootleg showing once again our Government and law enforcement are either Stupid or paid off to ignore this. we do not have 1 dispensary in the state only state sponsored medical weed doctor offices it was 400 bucks for a card and 20 bucks a gram for middies (mid grade weed) once again the rich get richer and the media points the finger at us.

The pre-legalization dispensaries had products packaged like that, but they used different names, like "Stonerpatch Kids", not the trademark names.
They were made to hide in plain sight.
It's not much trouble to get packages like that, not very expensive either. A cheap heat sealer from China, and you aren't buying suspicious quantities of mini-ziplock bags.
They wouldn't go to the bother for street sales, but for storefront type businesses it adds an air of legitimacy.

20230111_102617.jpg
l
Those are definitely NOT from the legal/regulated market.

The little triangle with the weed leaf and CA under it is the California Universal symbol required to be on all California cannabis products, however the regulations strictly prohibit any cartoon type drawings or products marketed to children. These most likely would not pass a compliance inspection by the numerous "checks" in the distribution chain.

Plus a Legal and licensed company who invested millions of dollars to get started and licensed wouldn't risk their business to steal a brands name. Definitely counterfeit or black market.

Also the Net Weight in the legal market is required to be in metric and standard units and on that package it is not.

There are a lot of counterfeit products that steal the California universal symbol because its easy to pass off to unknowing buyers as real.

Products like that are actually very dangerous because you don't know who made them, what kind of hygiene and GMP type practices were used, IF any. You don't know if they used tainted oil to make them which was made from moldy or pesticide laden weed (which is very very common in the black market) and when these pesticide laden plants get blasted and condensed into oil, so do the toxins and pesticides.

I would steer clear of any products claimed to be from a "legal" market being sold anywhere other than a legal dispensary that is licensed by the state. Trust me I hate regulations but with all the greed in this industry, there are far too many really bad products in the black market being made to profit the maker who has no care if little johnny gets sick from ingesting pesticide laced edibles.

20230111_102617.jpg
l
If I’m not mistaken in IL. it’s a law that they have to be labeled properly and with a warning ⛔️. CL🍀

If I’m not mistaken in IL. it’s a law that they have to be labeled properly and with a warning

the issue is the black market don't care. they copycat both the labels and the warnings.
the graphics can be definitely illegal but they rip off the warnings to make it seem more legit.

Back
Top Bottom