Bored at work thinking

Watige

First time grower here thanks to Oklahoma finally allowing some of us to grow and purchase cannabis. I think its fascinating how growing is an exact science for some people. Everything is carefully measured, monitored, and even recorded in some cases. I purchased a grow tent, lighting, pots, fans, filters, etc and spent some $$$ doing it. In the midst of all this I think back to being in high school when a friend of mine, his dad would just walk out in the woods and literally throw seeds around and just let nature take its course. When it rained they were watered, when the sun was out they received light, no added nutrients or trimming. It was literally a weed that just grew. This is why I don't know how to take in all this information I'm getting that if something is just slightly off its damaging to the plant. Maybe this is the case because an indoor grow is used to a strictly controlled environment? Or maybe the negative effects aren't as bad as some think and the plant will actually bounce back. It is just interesting to me.

All the "science" stuff is folks trying to "optimize" their grow to it's max potential, and there is varying trains of thought on what that exactly is (opposite sides of the spectrum and don't agree with the other side), some based on experience and some based on hearsay/broscience ;) :rofl: Throwing seeds outside and letting them do their thing doesn't separate the ladies from the guys and you can end up with seedy weed if any guys to pollinate the girls, but yeah it does adapt and can still grow w/o much of anything. I mean you can use all kinds of chemicals to get you more quantity, but I'd rather have a couple zips of good stuff than 1/2 lb of stuff that tastes like crap ;) a "to each their own" kind of thing.

Basically when you have to play god and replicate nature indoors, it ends up being far more complicated than you would think, and things go for shit quickly unless you cover a lot of bases that you never had to think about growing outdoors.

Best advice is don’t try a bunch of stuff during your grow.

Have a plan, stick to it, and forget the gimmicks you read about.

Once that grow is successful, if there’s things you want to do different build it into a new plan and stick to it.

Typically we’re our own worst enemies because we can’t just leave them alone when they’re ready to be left alone.

Like everyone has mentioned simple is best. Especially to start. There is so much stuff out there that a plant doesn't need. All I ever use are Basic N-P-K mixes and quano's plus Lilly Miller B-1 seed starter for Cal/mag.

Best advice is don’t try a bunch of stuff during your grow.

Have a plan, stick to it, and forget the gimmicks you read about.

Once that grow is successful, if there’s things you want to do different build it into a new plan and stick to it.

Typically we’re our own worst enemies because we can’t just leave them alone when they’re ready to be left alone.
On my current grow somebody told me I had a green thumb. I told them the key to me having a green thumb is leave the plants alone and let them do their thing. It's easier this time around because this is my third grow. The newness is kind of worn off

As the grows get a bit mundane, I try new new ways to create a better, stronger high, by stressing the plant out in a good way, uva + uvb added for the last 4 weeks of flower, splitting the stems is another way to bring more trichome production to the table. Along with ripping leaves to Imamate a varment eating the plants leaves, like triggering her to produce more flowers, quicker before getting eaten. Lol

Back
Top Bottom