Soda Water

sandman4090

I read in a thread something about spraying soda water on your leaves. The person said that the leaves extract co2 from the soda water. How true or effectinve is this method? Thanks:Rasta:

It's very true and very effective. You can also spray your plants w/your nute mixture every day or 2. Use celcer water w/out any sodium in it, and dilute your nutes just like you would w/regular watering. I wouldn't use either once your plants start to flower in earnest, and spray the plant pretty heavily w/plain H2O the last time. There are certain times of the day you're supposed to foliar feed. 7pm sounds about right, but I could be wrong. Do a search for it to find out for sure.

1 of my plants waz looking kinda bad all 5 of the leaves and new growth were curling.i sprayed with soda water3 times a day and they starting to look better and greener.i seen improvement on the plant thats curved.

why would th etime of day make a difference? i mean wouldnt it just be ok to spray when the lights are on so that they absorb it and the lights will make sure they arent just weighed down by evaporating the rest. like just being able to go off and say 7pm is pretty crazy considering my lights are off during that time.

If you spray your plants with the lights on, be sure to pull them out from under the lights until the leaves are dry. Otherwise there will be a "magnifying glass effect" from the droplets that will burn holes through the leaves.

Peace
MC

Time of day is important because the stoma (I think that's what they're called) the pores on the leaves open and close at certain times of the day. Like I sugested, do a search about it.

w/out any sodium in it
i looked today at wallyworld and they had about 10 diff kinds. not one was sodium free. i got one that was 23g, that was the lowest. some were diet with the diet chems and some had high fructose. none i could find were just basic water. i went with the corn syrup rather than the chems.

vintner said:
Time of day is important because the stoma (I think that's what they're called) the pores on the leaves open and close at certain times of the day. Like I sugested, do a search about it.

you sugested 7pm and i was questioning the ability to just call out a number especially when not everyone has the same grow times as you do, for ex. my lights are off from 5 - 11. searching for times that the pores would be open is a good idea but calculationg an exact time would be near impossible considering the times that people start and stop the light phase is usually different.

user said:
^ nope, looked at both, there probably is a brand like that, just not down here in the boonies

We use Celtzer water from Safeway... Its 99 cents a liter and only has 5mg of sodium.... Works great for use, spay them and then look at them a couple minutes later all the leaves are standing up and the plant looks just soooo damn happy.

Is Safeway like a gas-station because I have never heard of that place. Does anyone know of a place that sells that type of seltzer (a place that might be nation-wide)?:Rasta:

no safeways here. we had um in cal. think they are a western states grocery changed. they used to be owned by the mormon church, still might be. they will sell cigs and alcohol they just won't use them. hypocrites.

rds_sk8er420 said:
you sugested 7pm and i was questioning the ability to just call out a number especially when not everyone has the same grow times as you do, for ex. my lights are off from 5 - 11. searching for times that the pores would be open is a good idea but calculationg an exact time would be near impossible considering the times that people start and stop the light phase is usually different.
Yeah, you make a valid point. Like I said, I just remember reading it somewhere else on this site. Maybe they were talking about outdoor grows, or grows w/natural light.
FOLAIR FEEDING

Folair feeding seems to be one of the easiest ways of the leaves. Feed daily or every other day.

"Best times of day to Foliar feed are 7-10Am and after 5 in the evening. This is because the stomata on the underside of the leaves are open then. Also, the best temperature is about 72 degrees, and over 80, they may not be open at all. So find the cooler part of the day if it's hot, and the warmer part of the day if it's cold out. You may need to spray at 2AM if that's the coolest time available. The sprayer used should atomize the solution to a very fine mist; find your best sprayer and use it for this. Make sure the PH is between 7 and 6.2. Use baking soda to make the solution higher PH, and vinegar to make the solution lower PH. It's better to spray more often and use less, than to drench the plants infrequently. Use a wetting agent to prevent the water from beading up, and thereby burning the leaves as they act as small prisms.Make sure you don't spray a hot bulb; better yet, spray only when the bulb has cooled."
The above was copied and pasted from an article called "The Joy of Growing" found on the last page of the "General Cultivation" section of this forum. So, I guess it's about the cooler part of your grow cycle.
A liqure store will have celzer water

I used to foliar feed and once in a blue moon I would still do but unless I am cloning clippings, I rarely spray my plants down. Take too much effort and in the summer I have to really watch the humidity.

thanks alot .i just mist them with plain water on a daily basis.i had a big problem with my plants all curlin up on me.i mean i had alot of growth but all new would grow curled up.i made a change in soil and i began to flush my plants now going on two weeks were im only giving them water,and im finally seeing a differentlook on them i see new growth,and it looks like they are nmakin a comeback

Back
Top Bottom