SOG question

PieRat

Hey team,

I'm looking to grow using a NFT system. I'll be spacing the plants 10inches apart under two 600W HPS plants in a Mylar tent There should be 32 plants total. I will have a intake and exhaust fan running to recycle air. After harvest I will be switching to a sealed room with CO2 enrichment and Air conditioning. But for now I was wondering how long I should vege my clones for before throwing them into flower. I have them vegging in two 35L(9.25gallon) tubs using a DWC system currently. The cuttings are now 1.5 to 3 inches tall and the roots are just starting to penetrate the hydroton and green wick pots to reach down to the water. When should I start to flower them in the NFT gullies to make best use of my space? Would SOG be my best bet to get maximum yield with the setup I have described?

Cheers
PieRat

Re: SOG question.

It really depends upon the strain for SOG. Strains that grow out laterally, naturally I'd say prune lower limbs and veg shorter. Plants that don't bush out and get great growth vertically I'd say let em go no more than 14" esp sativas or sativa dominant strains. Indicas u can let most veg a little taller before flowering. From my limited SOG experience (all in soil) I've come to the conclusion that SOG is the best way to maximize a crops quality not quantity. For instance, growing six 3' plants may yeild 2-4 oz each dry. Often included in this weight (along with large colas) are smaller popcorn buds. In a SOG of 25 plants u may get the same total weight but better quality because all of the weight comes from the single terminal bud/cola which is better quality. Also SOG is a great grow style for a short crop. If ur looking for max output and least amount of plants, research Screen of Green or ScrOG. Hope this helps some. :peace:

Re: SOG question.

Thanks for the reply, its greatly appreciated. I was told when I asked on this forum earlier that SOG would bring a greater yield by another member. I've been doing some thinking and as I have a space of 8x8 feet and about 7 feet tall I'd be best doing this screen of green method. I am doing hydroponics do you think that a DWC system with 30litre tubs would be a good bet for a SCROG? These are bushy plants usually growing fairly wide outwards with three big stems normally.

Back
Top Bottom