soil help

dixierks

i got a gift card from home depot for fathers day can someone recomend a good soil i can get from there i am ready to start my 2nd grow and want to do things rite this time thanks for any help also are ther any advantages to doing a 12/12 grow from seed

get i bag each about the same size

topsoil;compost;perlite mix well also get epsom salts add 1-tablespoon to each 5 gallon pot of soil

this is a good basic soilmix and doesn't attract improper attention a good organic fertilizer could be added or wormcastings incorportated in the mix for generaluse and veg growth

i'd suggest getting a triple packof foxfarm nutes froma grow shop and using it at lower strengths than suggested to prevent over feeding

thanks for the help but i cant get foxfarm where i am anything else you could recomend maybe something home depot carries gift card is all the money i have

You should be able to find soil there that is not Scotts or Miracle Gro... I buy my soil from Walmart, but Lowes should have about the same stuff. I got a 40lb bag of soil for like $4 and added perlite to it. It was organic enriched with all kinds of good stuff.

The benefits of going from 12/12 are that you get a shorter plant, but it will lower your yeild.

no money for fox farm

If you want to make your own soil mixture, you can use this recipe: Mix two parts moss with one part sand and one part perlite or sponge rock to each four gallons of soil. Test your soil for ph with litmus paper or with a soil testing kit available at most plant stores.

To raise the ph of the soil, add 1/2 lb. lime to 1 cubic foot of soil to raise the ph one point. If you absolutely insist on using dirt you dug up from your driveway, you must sterilize it by baking it in your oven for about an hour at 250 degrees. Be sure to moisten it thoroughly first and also prepare yourself for a rapid evacuation of your kitchen because that hot soil is going to stink. Now add to the mixture about one tablespoon of fertilizer (like Rapid-Gro) per gallon of soil and blend it in thoroughly. Better yet, just skip the whole process and spend a couple bucks on some soil.

thank you ms.fox that sounds good to me thank you to all you guys here i have learnd alot herei will be pulling my first grow this weekend and although i did everything wrong at first from mg soil to using the wrong lights and playing with light hrs. i produced 2 beutifull girls the growth was stunted of course but they flowerd very nicely and my test bud was nice and sticky and had a nice stone to it taste a little like nutes i think i used mg 3 mo feeding soil i didnt know any better but i will do things rite this time any suggestions on making it taste as good as it looks again thanks to every one here i will keep reading and asking questions until i get the best i can :thanks:

thank you ms.fox that sounds good to me thank you to all you guys here i have learnd alot herei will be pulling my first grow this weekend and although i did everything wrong at first from mg soil to using the wrong lights and playing with light hrs. i produced 2 beutifull girls the growth was stunted of course but they flowerd very nicely and my test bud was nice and sticky and had a nice stone to it taste a little like nutes i think i used mg 3 mo feeding soil i didnt know any better but i will do things rite this time any suggestions on making it taste as good as it looks again thanks to every one here i will keep reading and asking questions until i get the best i can :thanks:

as far as the nute taste goes, about a week before u harvest, stop the nutes, give em water and give them a chance to use up what they have stored. good luck:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom