Soil PH out of wack!

MacEFL

I want to preface this by stating that Most of this post is cut and paste from my journal post of today. I wanted to reach a larger audience to help with my questions. Mods, please accept my apologies if this is not allowed.

58 days veg from clones
Day 29 of 12/12
2 Cinex and two Northern Lights
66% four mix 33% Ocean Forest
Indoors under 600W HPS on manual light mover. Moved 2 feet off center every AM, back and forth
RH 40-55
Temp 70-80
Well vented
Always used Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow and Bloom, Currently 1T per gallon every other watering (I know, hydro nutes in soil? Hey, it's worked so far!)

The ladies are doing, well, pretty good. I say that because they are starting to show a nutrient deficiency. Just a couple of leaves on one plant and another few on another. Coppery spots on a couple of fan leaves is all. BUT, I was watering the four in the room and I decided to check the run off. I have been lazy some and don't always have run off when watering pure water. If I give them each a little over a gallon I get no run off. That is 1 five gallon bucket between the 4. If I split another 3 gallons I get some run off but probably not 10%. I don't think it is so important when I am feeding though. Any way, I PH'd the run off on one plant and I came up with 5.0 or so. Mind you I only have the drops and a sheet to check it against but I have always PH'd the water this way. I will probably run some errands in a bit so I will pick up a soil PH tester.

So, what exactly is the best way to remedy this? They are all watered as of a half hour ago and the lights go off in one minute, so I won't be doing anything today. Do I flush with water that is higher than 6.5 to try and raise it? Next watering would normally be a feeding as well so should I do that as normal adjusting the PH up? I don't think I have an emergency on my hands I just want to know what to do to fix it. I have decided that I am going to continue with the AN nutes using 1T per gallon instead of the recommended 2. I am also adding 1T of molasses per gallon when watered only. I did that last time to the 2 Cinex only and in the 5 days or so the tricomes on the bud leaves have exploded. So I decided to add it to all of them. I am guessing that I have nutrient lock out instead of under feeding. I haven't looked at the deficiency chart to see what it is lacking but I am going to guess that it is nutrients only available to the plant in the upper PH ranges. So if this is correct can I assume that when I get my PH squared away and continue with my feeding as usual the deficiency will correct itself? Also the two Cinex have always had a "claw" on the end of some of the leaves. They also seemed like they were a little too green almost. Is this caused by the PH as well? Any way, here are a couple of pictures of how they look today.

Northern Lights #1

016431.JPG

015470.JPG

Northern Lights #2

0061099.JPG

008955.JPG

Both Northern Lights

017386.JPG

Cinex #1

013575.JPG

010796.JPG

009855.JPG

Cinex #2

HMMMMM, How did I miss this? I guess either I forgot to take any of this one or I deleted them for bad exposure. I can't remember and it was only fifteen minutes ago. Damn short term memory loss!

So all in all I think that they are doing pretty well. This is my first grow and I have to say that everything I have learned has come from this site. Once I get the PH settled I think they will once again flourish. I want to thank any one reading this and taking their time to answer my questions. It is so much appreciated!

PS Love those skinny Sativa dominant leaves on the Cinex!

Back
Top Bottom