Somalia: Two Druggist Flogged In Front Of Public Eyes

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Islamic Courts Union in middle shabelle region in Somalia has whipped two people they have apprehended in front of the public eyes in the town of Jowhar the headquarters of middle shabelle region on late Monday.

These people were caught scanning (smoking) marijuana, and each of them has got 40 whips made of pure camel lather.

“It is not what we have been told in fact we just don’t carry out actions when we don’t have the reality we saw this two chaps in good mood scanning marijuana and they have to face what the Islamic law says about anybody using marijuana and their punishment was 40 whips for each of them” said Sheikh Yakub Abdullahi speaking to Somaliweyn radio.

These two people were but of a group of youngsters known in the town of Jowhar for their marijuana scanning, and the Islamic Courts Union are tracing for the rest.

It was this week when the Islamic administration of southern seaport town of Kismayu has carried out similar punishment against two juveniles scanning marijuana.

The Islamic Courts Union has been ruling south and central Somalia for a period of six month before they were uprooted by the Ethiopia troops backing the Somali transitional federal government.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Somaliweyn Media Center
Author: Mohammed Omar Hussein
Copyright: 2008 Somaliweyn Media Center
Website: https://www.somaliweyn.org/pages/news/Dec_08/23Dec15.html

Scanning MJ, thats a new term. I'm glad i dont get whipped for smoking the sweet leaf

The Islamic Courts Union in middle shabelle region in Somalia has whipped two people they have apprehended in front of the public eyes in the town of Jowhar the headquarters of middle shabelle region on late Monday.

These people were caught scanning (smoking) marijuana, and each of them has got 40 whips made of pure camel lather.

Cannabis = whipping

Piracy for ransom = no problem

The world is upside down

Scanning MJ, thats a new term. I'm glad i dont get whipped for smoking the sweet leaf

i think its a matter mis-translation. i added the (smoking) because thats my best guess.

as for the article, it probably makes a difference which warlord you buy your pot from.

Back
Top Bottom