Some questions about environment

fwesH

I have a very small closet grow going on and I'm finding it hard to track down info on lighting and ventilation for small operations.

How important is airflow for a couple of plants? I've read everything from, 24 - hour airflow is crucial to "opening the closet a couple times a day will provide enough good air for a couple of plants."

Also, should there be any difference in airflow between lights on / off? Can I turn the fans off when the lights go off?

And lighting - how important is absolute darkness during the dark period?

Thanks guys, please try and help me out.

The main thing is to try to keep your temperature consistent during the on and off cycle.

I've read a couple of studies that showed that 18° difference between night and day is the optimal spread......:)

I've read a couple of studies that showed that 18° difference between night and day is the optimal spread......:)

I can guarantee you know better than I do. I've read before to keep temps close during on and off. I'm not much of an indoor gardener so I'll defer to Hog.
(actually, I'm not much of a gardener period. Lol.)

I can guarantee you know better than I do. I've read before to keep temps close during on and off. I'm not much of an indoor gardener so I'll defer to Hog.
(actually, I'm not much of a gardener period. Lol.)

Didn't mean to step on your post Bud. I've read a bunch 'bout temp swings and these studies claimed that the 18° difference made huge differences in their results....

I noticed a significant difference in the yields of my plants when I finally got the temps to drop during the lights off period.
Before ac my room was constantly at 79-85. Now with ac the room is at 83 with lights on and a chilly 68 at lights off and the buds are coming out much fatter and stinkier.
I too cut off air for the lights but i keep the small air circulation fans going 24/7

Back
Top Bottom