Sop vs Langbeinite

Thanks I know Lang is 0 0 22 and sop is 0 0 50 but higher is not always better just wondering as sop is cheaper

Make your own with hard wood, make a fire use the ashes POT- ASH... pretty cool eh?

Langebenite / sol-po-mag etc gotta go EXTREMELY easy with this stuff. I don't recommend it at all unless you are growing outdoors in the ground (Get a soil test).

Here's basically what this stuff is:

Here's another way to look at this material - it's Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate) with Potassium!

Hi levels of Mg are an issue big time. A lot of growers make this mistake. Only need a little and most soils have enough already then you add in a crap ton and there's your problems starting. Then you add cal/mag and things progress after that..... whats wrong I added cal/mag and my plants are dying. yawn.

Ok thanks I am thinking of using in the ground but using both correctly would would it hurt the microbes in the soil

Excess K is bad for yields and bad for soils.

Why I mentioned a free way to make your own instead of purchasing in a bulk mined form.

Hoo-mans have been making pot-ash for many thousands of years.

Check out Terra Preta for an historic example.

So we can burn hardwood in our fireplace mix those ashes with bio-char or even better use the charcoal left from the hardwood fire you just burned. Mix those ashes and charcoal into your soil.

You will also get several other side benefits from the ashes - Calcium is a big one.

Back
Top Bottom