Sorry but another cloning question

if they can survive without the tent/dome for 4-6 hours w/o wilting it means they should have enough roots to make the transition from cutting to rooted plantlet.

some yellowing on clones is not necessarily a bad thing.

Hey, I have a simple clone question that I thought I'd ask here instead of starting another thread.

I have a 10 day old clone that now has about a 5 inch stem before it's first fan leaves. Is this going to be a problem as it grows? Should I bury half of the stem when I transplant it to a bigger pot?

Thank you for that Growing Girls.

Let me see if I can get one more in here.

I just grew Nirvana's Aurora Indica from a feminized seed and at around 5 days before flowering, I topped it and took some clones. Two weeks into flowering and the plant showed itself as a hermie. So I chopped it and took it away.

My question is, should I even bother growing the clones that I took from this plant? I googled it and got some good answers but I'm just wondering if the hermie resulted from the topping that I did (pretty severe, cut half of the plant). I know that it was likely due to the unstable genetics of the feminized seed but I grew from seed with the rest of this batch and they were fine. Aurora Indica is my number 1 sleep medicine and I would like to salvage it if I could.

The only last bit of info I have is that there were no other stress related factors. Grow tent, CFLs, temps in the 70's, FFOC, great air flow, clean water and minimal nutes. The other 3 plants I have in there are gorgeous.

Thanks for any reply.

im sooo bummed i cant figure out this cloning stuff. i cut like 30 clones 2 weeks ago. and i pulled one of em out of the rockwool at like 9 days or so and all i had was a slimey stem that was starting to rot. no roots no bumps no nothin. the clones were staying alive somehow but not rooting. would hydrogen peroxide help clones? i went and got some stuff called vitagrow? im hoping this works out this time. i have a few purp clones im trying to root in it right now they are on like 7 days or so. they are still standing strait up and they look great but that doesnt mean they arent turning to brown slime underneath like the others. this shits killin me. id like to try a scrog and sog but cant get the whole clone thing down. i wet the rockwool a week ago and its still wet. i shook em out and everything. i mist the leafs 2 to 3 times a day anbd keep em in a hummid tent.

any advise guys an gals? please help.

Sounds like too much water (or not enough air actually).
How often are you watering?

I have great success with a simple homemade bubble cloner.

"I like to watch." -Chauncey Gardener

Im not goin anywhere near em as far as wetting the cubes. they feel damp now so i misted the clones with clonex and water. sprayed the tent then put it back on. it seems these cubes have stayed wet since the day i first wet em. so i gave em the slightest misting today 1st time ive used clonex on em. one of em has root growing an inch up from the cube. these are the latest batch i started a week ago. i can see bumps at the top where the stem meets the cube. i really feel its working this time.last batch were completely twisted crazy lookin. these ones LOOK perfect. ....please lord. this batch is the first batch using vitagrow..maybe thatll be the difference.

Hey, I have a simple clone question that I thought I'd ask here instead of starting another thread.

I have a 10 day old clone that now has about a 5 inch stem before it's first fan leaves. Is this going to be a problem as it grows? Should I bury half of the stem when I transplant it to a bigger pot?

its streching for light, lower the lights if you are using lights, cfl`s or flouros can be 3 to 4 inches away

Im not goin anywhere near em as far as wetting the cubes. they feel damp now so i misted the clones with clonex and water. sprayed the tent then put it back on. it seems these cubes have stayed wet since the day i first wet em. so i gave em the slightest misting today 1st time ive used clonex on em. one of em has root growing an inch up from the cube. these are the latest batch i started a week ago. i can see bumps at the top where the stem meets the cube. i really feel its working this time.last batch were completely twisted crazy lookin. these ones LOOK perfect. ....please lord. this batch is the first batch using vitagrow..maybe thatll be the difference.

are you soaking the rockwool cubes in 5.5 pH water for an hour before you use em? are you using cloning gel on the cut end of the clones after you cut em? are you cutting 2/3 of the fan leafs off, I sit the cubes in 1/4 in of pH`d water with dome and keep sprayed for 7 dayz or so

I soaked the cubes in 5.5 to 6 ph. then took the the cuttings from the lower part of the plant. they were branches 3 to 5 inches long growing off the lower branch. i cut the stem in the middle . dip it in vita grow. count to 10. putt the cutting in the cube. i spray the leafs with 5.5ph h2o. i spray the dome and put it over the plants. i think maybe the cubes are staying too wet too long. they just wont dry out in the moisture dome. i just looked at the clones and there are these little bumps where the stems meet the cubes. is this the start of roots?

Just to put it out there im sorry i jacked the thread . no offense man. im just so frustrated by this stuff. so bad i wanna try a sog grow. and clones are the reason ill neve. all i end up with is brown slimy stems. but this time i feel likeits different.
again sorry

Growitsticky,

It sounds like you are doing the right things, yet no joy!

May I suggest that you remove your dome, and ensure your flouro lighting is about 4 in. above the clones. I sounds to me that your clones are literally rotting under that dome.

I grow my clones in a perlite/vermiculite mix with no humidity dome and standard flouros about 4-5" above the clones. I use a cloning solution, just as you do, and spray the clones with 5.7 ph water about every 3-4 hours. I do not trim any of the leaves. I'm a newbie grower myself, but with this approach I have had excellent success. Over 90%.

:goodluck:
Searcher

HIP HIP HOORAY......CLONES ARE NO LONGER THE BANE OF MY GARDENING EXISTENCE.
so i cut 30 clones and 6 survived.

1st try i took the cuttings and tossed em into the cube after soaking the cube in water. put the cutting into the gel then the cube then under the dome. i also scraped the shit out of the stems...every single one died.
2nd try i soaked the cubes in 5.5 ph water, didnt scrape, just a 45 degree cut thats it. i went and got vita grow liquid. i held the stem in vitagrow for 10 seconds then to the cube then under the dome.
it seems to me that there were a couple things that were the difference between it working and rotting.
1--vita grow--you really could root a popsicle stick with this stuff.
2--soaking the cubes in 5.5 ph water, so so so important.
3--it seems to me the very first place the roots will start, a very easy place to get em to root anyway is the node where you remove the fans. when i used vita grow roots grew from this spot and it was an inch above the cube. they grew strait into the air...
4--another important thing is the water you mist with has to be at 5.5ph.
5--when you make the cut at the bottom, a good trick is to stick the stem into a water bucket filled and make your cut like right above the node, so that the node is down in the cube...
6---lastly put the dome into a warm room. warmth and high hummidity are huge when cloning.
i seriously used up at least 30 cuttings trying to get it right. like i said 6 survived.
what i did was changed one thing at a time. when i got to the point where i was following these directions, every single clone took amazingly.
good luck guys.....im pumped. this was like the last thing i could not get right...now i can sea of green..

Back
Top Bottom