Sour diesel grow ! 1st time cabinet grow setup w plenty pix

SourDeezSeedz

WASSUP FELLOW WEED LOVERS? ITS SOURDEEZSEEDZ HERE, I HAVE DECIDED TO SETUP MY OWN GROW CAB AFTER READING SOME REALLY GOOD INFO ON THIS FORUM AND OBTAINING ABOUT 14-15 SOUR DIESEL SEEDS (BAGSEED) I WILL BE FOLLOWING ROSEMANS Deep Water Culture METHOD.. ANY INFO SUGGESTIONS OR TIPS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !

HERE IS MY GROW CAB... ABOUT 20" X 42" THIS PIC IS BEFORE I PAINTED IT
get-attachment_aspx9.jpg

HERE IS AFTER PAINTING IT FLAT WHITE.. MOSTLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT I CANT FIND MYLAR IN MY AREA AND THE GROW SPACE ISNT THAT BIG SO I FIGURED WHY NOT
get-attachment_aspx12.jpg

INSTALLED A PC EXHAUST FAN IN THE UPPER RIGHT MEASURING ABOUT 120MM AND HOOKED TO 12V POWER
get-attachment_aspx31.jpg

INSTALLED A SMALLER PC INTAKE FAN LOWER THAN THE EXHAUST AND HOOKED TO 5V POWER (I THOUGHT IT MADE SENSE THE EXHAUST FAN SHOULD BE BIGGER AND MOVING FASTER THAN THE INTAKE)
get-attachment2_aspx.jpg

SMALLER BATTERY-OPERATED STANDALONE FAN FOR MORE CIRCULATION AND TO BLOW ON THE PLANTS
get-attachment_aspx51.jpg

INSTALLED A VANITY LIGHT WITH THREE SOCKETS AND INSTALLED 2 Y-SOCKETS BECAUSE IM SHOOTING FOR A TOTAL OF 5 LIGHTS
get-attachment_aspx5.jpg

1 42 WATT 2700K CFL AND 4 27 WATT 5100K CFLS (FOR VEGETATION) THE 4TH LIGHT (EMPTY SOCKET ON Y SOCKET) WOULDNT FIT SO I GUESS ITLL BE THE 2 27WATTS ON THE Y-SOCKET WITH THE 42WATT IN THE MIDDLE AND 1 27WATT ON THE LEFT..
get-attachment_aspx14.jpg

ADJUSTABLE WOOD BOARD TO SUPPORT RESERVOIR AND MOVE FARTHER FROM LIGHTS AS THE PLANTS GET BIGGER...
get-attachment_aspx41.jpg

3 GALLON RUBBERMAID RUFFNECK RESERVOIR
get-attachment_aspx11.jpg

ALUMINUM PAN TO TAPE TO THE TOP OF THE CAB AS A REFLECTOR
get-attachment_aspx10.jpg

WATER PUMP (CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A MANIFOLD)
get-attachment_aspx6.jpg

PETCO AIR PUMP (CAME WITH TUBING AND 1 AIRSTONE)
get-attachment_aspx8.jpg

I PURCHASED 2 BLACK AIRSTONES BECAUSE THEY WERE SLIGHTLY BIGGER AND THE BLUE ONE CAME WITH THE AIR PUMP (ARE THESE BIG ENOUGH FOR 2 PLANTS AND 3 GALLONS ?)
get-attachment_aspx15.jpg

T-SPLITTER FOR AIR PUMP/STONES
get-attachment_aspx7.jpg

PLASTIC WIDE CUPS I WAS PLANNING ON MAKING HOLES IN EM AND USING EM AS NET CUPS
get-attachment_aspx13.jpg

FULL VIEW
get-attachment_aspx41.jpg

I KNOW I STILL NEED SOME ROCKWOOL, HYDROTON, SOME SORT OF SCREENS TO GO OVER THE BACK OF THE FANS TO BLOCK LIGHT, NUTES, PH TESTERS AND SOME ONA FOR ODOR CONTROL BUCKET... BUT IM GETTING THERE ! HOW'S IT LOOKING SO FAR YALL? :ganjamon: :ganjamon:

First off... Welcome to the greatest forum of it's type anywhere on the W3.
You certainly seem like a man on a mission; speaking of that mission... I am more of an OD grower but... have you considered maybe using some tin foil on those walls, since you can't get the mylar in your area?
Not even sure if that would suit your needs but, foil does make a hell of a reflective back drop!
Anyways, I will look forward to seeing this one come together... cheers!

Wassup OldSchooler? thanks for the response! I was going to go with some mylar balloons (15-30 of em) to cover the inside of the cab, but after reading that flat white paint is the best alternative to mylar I opted for the paint instead. I hear tinfoil can create hotspots which can burn the plant and it definitely isnt as reflective..

KEEP THE COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS COMING YALL !

Hi,
What size is your exhaust fan?

I have a 230mm that looks like yours and was wondering if that would work? I was thinking 2-3, 2 inch pvc's for intake?

Nice cabinet gave me a great idea for one just a bit lager. Just waiting on my state to issue me my lic. before I get it going. They cashed my check so any day now.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Just a thought from a old electrician/cabinet maker, Mounting the light on the top with T fittings instead of Y could allow you to get 6 CFL's in the space and maybe a inch or two extra of head room. Also passive intake air holes would work without a fan if larger than the out take, Say two lower 4" holes for a 4" exhaust. You just don't want the output fan to have to work for air to blow out. So if your intake fan is smaller than the output try adding a extra hole no fan just a light trap to help keep the fan from working to hard(could lead to premature fan failure):

Back
Top Bottom