Sour Diesel Grow! 1st Time Cabinet Grow Setup w/ Plenty of Pix!

^ learned something today. :popcorn:

Me too ! :cool:

Well the power went out in my house for exactly 24 hours but the new leaves have gotten slightly longer on all 3 plants so im guessing theyre still kicking !

What effect will the involuntary 24 hours of darkness have on them ? It appears to have helped them somewhat...

I'll update with pix later today... keeping my fingers crossed !!!

ok so the lights i think i may have something in mind.

you see how i used 3 y splitters to connect 4 cfls?
44960_1425217039464_1503914826_30879385_3034026_n.jpg

i was thinking you could make this setup which is fairly cheap at homedepot, and twist it in the center socket and kinda position it around a little and place those single 42s on the left and right side. i think a piece of mylar on top would be dope for more reflection since your bulbs are illuminating the ceiling of your box

that my friend would be 6 bulbs!

postem pics!

UPDATE !!!

OK FELLOW WEED LOVERS, MY PLANTS SEEM TO BE HANGING IN THERE.. THE BOTTOM LEAVES (1ST NODES) ON ALL 3 PLANTS WERE PRETTY MUCH BURNT TO A CRISP SO I SNIPPED EM OFF..
get-attachment_aspx36.jpg

HERE YOU CAN SEE THE BOTTOMS OF MY PLANTS WHERE I SNIPPED..
get-attachment_aspx111.jpg

get-attachment_aspx92.jpg

get-attachment_aspx82.jpg

SOME TOP VIEWS
get-attachment_aspx74.jpg

get-attachment_aspx65.jpg
get-attachment_aspx101.jpg

AND SOME OF THE REMAINING BURN DAMAGE.. DIDNT WANNA SNIP THESE SINCE THEYRE LESS THAN 50% BURNT.. (SHOUTOUT TO BASEMENTDWELLER ON THAT TIP!)
get-attachment_aspx47.jpg

get-attachment_aspx57.jpg

get-attachment_aspx26.jpg

@funnystyle,
THATS A PRETTY COOL LIGHT HOOKUP U GOT THERE I TOOK SOME PIX SO U CAN SEE A LITTLE BETTER HOW I HAVE ALL 6 OF MINE SET UP..

5 LIGHTS ON THE FIXTURE WITH 1 MOVEABLE LAMP WITH A GOOD MIX OF DIFFERENT SPECTRUM BULBS MOSTLY DAYLIGHT FOR VEGGING AND AN ALUMINUM REFLECTOR DOUBLE-SIDE TAPED TO THE TOP OF THE CAB
get-attachment_aspx121.jpg

get-attachment_aspx20.jpg

I COULD PUT THEM A LITTLE HIGHER IF NEED BE DURING FLOWERING.. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PLANT PIX I HAVE NO STRETCHING SO I HAVE THEM A GOOD HEIGHT AWAY (4") AND AS OPPOSED TO MOST GROWS IVE SEEN, I CAN MOVE THE PLANTS AWAY FROM THE LIGHT AS THEY GROW TALLER INSTEAD OF MOVING THE LIGHTS AWAY :smokin:

I STILL HAVE THEM ON PH BALANCED WATER AS THEYRE RECOVERING BUT I HAVE NOTICED SOME GROWTH OF THE TOP MOST LEAVES AFTER THE INVOLUNTARY 24 HOURS OF DARKNESS THEY GOT WHEN THE POWER WENT OUT YESTERDAY.. STILL WONDERING IF THAT WILL HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THEM OR NOT BUT I DOUBT IT... QUESTIONS/TIPS ???

i hear for hydro setups, you had to have been using nutes from the start. ph to be around 5.5-6....... hmmm maybe someone else should take a look at this journal and let you know, i think decreasing the nutes will stunt the growth even more

but anyways im here mayne like u said lets get these bitches grown! :goodluck::tokin:

Yea man ive had them on advanced nutes since they showed their 2nd nodes.. I only stopped to flush them after i got nute burn and now i have them at 1/4 strength.. Just a snack to get them eating again since i dont wanna shock them while recovering...

My ppms went up about 10-15 as the water level decreased.. Does this mean they are eating since the ppm is about the same ?

i cant find the ppm chart for the hydro stuff since ive started growing with soil, i think at the size they are 1/4 nutes would be starving them. ive seen someone go from 35-1000ppm and couldnt be happier. 1/4 nutes shoulda been given since sprout then gradually move up

:goodluck:

Hey funny man i thought u were following along with my grow bro? Lol i keep trying to tell u i know how much i should be feeding but being that they were burned so badly im feeding them lightly while they recover... I dont think it would be smart to be giving them 1/2 - full strength nutes at this point... I'll wait for at least another node to pop out...

Until then a good rule of thumb (especially in hydro) is its always better to underfeed than to overfeed !:blunt:

UPDATE !! :

WASSUP FELLOW WEED LOVERS ?

IM GLAD TO SAY MY GIRLZ ARE DOING EXCELLENT ! THEYVE COMPLETELY RECOVERED FROM THE SHOCK AND THE NUTE BURN AND ALL 3 PLANTS ARE SHOWING NEW GROWTH AND STRONG NEW ROOTS !!

HERE YOU CAN SEE SOME NEW ROOTS THAT CAME OUT OF THE BASE OF THE STEM AND ARE WORKING THEIR WAY DOWN TO THE WATER ! I DIDNT KNOW NEW ROOTS COULD COME OUT WHERE I COULD SEE THEM BUT THIS IS A VERY GOOD SIGN OF HOW STRONG THESE PLANTS ARE !
get-attachment_aspx110.jpg

get-attachment_aspx27.jpg

I ALSO PURCHASED A NEWER BIGGER RES TO ALLOW FOR MORE WATER AND TO ALSO FIT THE NEW AIRSTONES
get-attachment_aspx58.jpg

OBVIOUSLY CANT HAVE A CLEAR RES SO I COVERED IT IN SOME RED DUCT TAPE
get-attachment_aspx66.jpg

HERE YOU CAN SEE THE NEW AIRSTONES (TECHNICALLY CALLED BUBBLE BARS) I PURCHASED WHICH ARE DESIGNED A LOT BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONES I HAD AND ARE 14" LONG EACH
get-attachment_aspx93.jpg

get-attachment_aspx102.jpg

PURCHASED A DIGITAL TIMER FOR FLOWERING
get-attachment_aspx48.jpg

get-attachment_aspx75.jpg

I HAVE A PLUGGABLE FEBREEZE CARBON FILTER WHICH I WILL PLUG IN THE CAB DURING FLOWERING WHEN THEY START TO SMELL, I PLAN ON PUTTING ANOTHER ONE DIRECTLY OUTSIDE OF THE CAB NEAR MY EXHAUST FAN TO ABSORB THE ESCAPING AIR.. AND I ALSO PURCHASED A ODOR ABSORBING GEL BLOCK WHICH I HEAR WORKS WONDERS AS WELL
get-attachment_aspx37.jpg

I TOOK FUNNYSTYLES ADVICE AND MADE THE BIG X SETUP FOR MY LIGHTS WHICH ALLOWED MY LIGHTS TO COME ABOUT AN INCH CLOSER TO THE PLANTS
get-attachment_aspx83.jpg

AND I STILL HAVENT PURCHASED A THERMOMETER/HUMIDITY METER BUT I READ IN ROSEMANS DIY JOURNAL THAT SOME ROLLED UP NAPKINS SOAKED IN WATER WILL RAISE HUMIDITY LEVELS SO I ADDED A TIC TAC TOE BOARD OF WET PAPER TOWELS AND ALSO TURNED OFF MY EXHAUST FAN :Rasta:
get-attachment_aspx112.jpg

WILL UPDATE WITH SOME HD PIX OF THE PLANTS ASAP.. IM GLAD THAT THEY RECOVERED SO WELL AND ARE DEFINITELY SHOWING SIGNS OF NEW GROWTH.. :ganjamon:

QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/ TIPS ???

Thanx man ! The funniest thing about it is that the plant that fell in the water, fell out of the hydroton twice, and overall took the most stress, is the strongest fastest growing one! I'll definitely get some strong clones from these in a few weeks !

I dont have an oscillating fan on them but if you look in my earlier posts youll see i have a small battery-operated fan which doesnt turn, but for about 30 min a day, i point it at an angle where all 3 plants are dancin, and let them feel the breeze :rollit:

I also go in the cab and play them some music and smoke with them from time to time!!

Waddup skyrocket ? Thanx for checkin in... I keep the ph balanced and check it/ adjust it twice a day... No u cant see thru my res especially with the top on.. Never had any probs with algae since i stop any light from hitting the water (keeping my fingers crossed) a larger res would take up too much space since i have almost 4 feet of height for the plants to grow my current res is perfect for my cab.. I'll be putting them back on half strength nutes this monday...

Can anybody tell me exactly wat it means when my water level decreases but my ppm raises about 15-20 ? Does this mean that theyre drinkin more than theyre eating but still eating a good amount ??

Back
Top Bottom