Emeraldgemini's 1st Grow Ever! - Indoor - Sour Diesel - March 2012

Re: emeraldgemini's 1st grow ever!- indoor-sourdiesel-March 2012

I do not want to sound like one of those skinny people complaining about gaining a pound to a fat person, but.....I am trying to figure out when I want to flip and my plants just seem to be exploding!!!!

at least half of my plants are 14" or more with the talles ones just getting over 16"!!!! And one at 17"
I am just 16 days into this grow!

So for the last few days they are growing at least 1" per day!!

The problem is that sour diesel is suposed to triple in height after flipped!!!

I just topped/fimmed and have not seen anything happen from that yet!!!

I am going to spend some time right now reading up on the bending thing LSM or LST or whatever it is called.... I think I will need to use it a lot.

how much head room are you working with in your grow room? if you just topped and/or fimmed then you'll want to give your plant a week to recover. those are some tall plants so far! i waited untill my plant was 25 inches tall when i flipped. that was 2 weeks ago now shes WELL over 3 feet tall. its never too late to flip though go as long as you like but if you SD is going to triple in size then id get a move on lol. just remember give them a week to recover

my room is about 7'
and my trays are sitting on 5gal. buckets.

I think I can wait til the weekend. I am going to put up a net thing, I think I will be tying branches down a lot!!

just checked my room height.... it is about 6' 8". plus my plants are in trays so I lose a foot there. and of course my lights are not flush with the ceiling.

So what I have done is pur up a trellis or net for the plants to grow through that will to both give me a place to tye branches down kind of LSTing and keep them up when they get heavy.

I have some more pics. First I will start with a couple of problems I had.

For the light venting the venting just ended near the filter. So I took a vent boot and used some shears and cut a crescent out of it. The top matches the filter pretty well, the bottom does not, leaving about a 1 1/2" gap so when the filter is not on the air can still come out.
100_03842.JPG

Then the corner where it sagged and caused 3 sharp turns for the fan to push through. I used another strap and lifted it to make on more gentle turn.

100_03854.JPG

the last venting issue that came up was the one 6" can fan pushing through so many feet of venting. In a pile of stuff I picked up when I went to look at a free hot tub there was a small fan. So I added it to help get more hot air pulled through the lights. I put this fan on a basic timer about $3 at home depot.

100_03866.JPG

I know that when the weather finally heats up i will have to punch a hole somewhere and vent the lights outside. But not yet.

Here is the trellis thing I put up, the only problem is that it makes it hard to lean over to get at the plants in the back!
100_03915.JPG

This tray is also the one where I put all the smaller plants so they dont get crowded out by the bigger ones. I put the 5 smallest into 4gallon pots and another in a 4gal. just to see what it does, if it makes a difference at this stage. the transplanting was done last weekend, which was the end of week 2 of Veg.
100_03903.JPG

After reading about suppercropping I decided to try it on a couple of the taller plants. I was surprised how well they recovered! The first two pics here are the same plant, it was stretching high put not branching out much or getting bushy. Then the last pic is this same plant, you can see how bushy it got!

After I pinched and bent the plants I went back into the room about 5 hours later and it had already turned back to the light!!

100_04074.JPG

100_04065.JPG

Here you can see one that I did but the plant has almost straightened all the way back out. There is some "knuckling" that can be seen and the side growth really accelerated.
100_04055.JPG

100_04044.JPG

100_04083.JPG

Here are some pics of the plant I have been taking solos of. I do not know why it has become so damn bushy. its not anything I have done, I dont think. But it is about 18". And then there is a top shot so you can see how bushy it is and the tops sticking up.

There is also a shot of the black tray which is where all my biggest plants were put last weekend.

100_04023.JPG

100_03965.JPG

100_04004.JPG

100_03954.JPG

100_03946.JPG

Yesterday I changed the light cycle and "Flipped" the room. to start flower. this is the end of my 3rd week of Veg.

Of course I had to show you my anaheims. I sprouted these from seed here in the room. They did not sprout all that fast, but since sprouting they are growing very fast!! My leeks are also doing very well. Now I just need it to stop raining so I can get outside and put them in the ground!!!

100_03894.JPG

I'm impressed with your set-up especially how you acquired the equipment.
About the coco that you added,it didn't cause the fert burn; if anything, it deterred more browning and curling on the leaves because coco doesn't contain any amendments or ferts, whereas the FF OF is pretty heavily amended.
All in all, it's a grand grow -- I'm watching for updates. :high-five:

I'm impressed with your set-up especially how you acquired the equipment.
About the coco that you added,it didn't cause the fert burn; if anything, it deterred more browning and curling on the leaves because coco doesn't contain any amendments or ferts, whereas the FF OF is pretty heavily amended.
All in all, it's a grand grow -- I'm watching for updates. :high-five:

So could the FF OF be the culprit of the leaf browning and curl?

I am not using any complicated fertilizer, just Maxsea.

Yesterday I ordered 2 repti glo 10.0 26w compact flourescents. they should be in tomorrow. I want to try them on a few plants and see if they make a difference.

So could the FF OF be the culprit of the leaf browning and curl?

I am not using any complicated fertilizer, just Maxsea.

Well the FF is just too hot for clones or seeds and very good for a month's worth of feed for the plants so if you have browning leaves, just flush the plants with plain water. I only noticed a few on page one but nothing on the babies. I'm not familiar with maxsea and your wise not to use any complicated ferts cause mj doesn't really require alot as long as the medium is good, which yours is. Lemme see if you mean the browning is on the plants that u used the maxsea on? cause in that case just 1/2 the potion next fert time.
About the flowering time, those are plenty ready to go to 12/12; I do mine at 8" but I do smaller micro grows. The plants will stretch at least double, maybe triple during flowering if that helps. O and make positive there are no light leaks at dark time,not even a crack of light. You should be able to pull the males out after 10days-2weeks when sexing is evident. Cheers.

update:

just had to lay down the biggest chunk of money at one time (besides clones).

a couple of days ago I noticed some mold on a couple of leaves. I checked every plant and trimmed off all leaves with mold.

Then I sprayed all the plants really well with Organicide.

The next day when the lights came on I went in a nd saw that the humidity was at 90%!! My dehumidifier was not doing anything but blowing air!!!

So I had to buy a new one. To much to lose to screw around with it so I spent $175ish at the depot and got a 25 pint one and put a hose on it so it wouldnt shut off due to a full tank.

I also trimmed all the vegitation within two inches of the dirt.

My 26w cfl reptile lites came in today!!

And I am testing the cyclestat II that I got in a pile of venting and misc. stuff for $20. It seems to be working just fine! They dont sell this model anymore, but when they did it was about $70. So a good find!!

I am just not sure if I should wait for some buds to start forming before setting the lights up.

read this journal. great thread! so now were at recovery time. I would let them go for a week or two more to get outa this shock and recover from the few tops you did. and then i would go ahead and flip em over to 12/12 best of luck with everything

I did flip them last saturday night to the 12/12. It was after that I noticed the powder mold.

I have been doing so much reading about the different types of training methods that I took a couple of the smaller plants that did not have much growth on the lower branches and LSTed the main top only.

I have noticed a difference in just the 2 or 3 days.

I also took one small plant and LSTed the whole thing. That one looks crazy! Lots of increased growth on the small branches that would normally get trimmed off.

I am going away for the weekend, Dont worry or call CPS, I have a babysitter for the girls!

After I get back I will take some new pics and post them.

Re: Emeraldgemini's 1st Grow Ever!- Indoor - Sour Diesel - March 2012

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Re: Emeraldgemini's 1st Grow Ever!- Indoor - Sour Diesel - March 2012

Sorry everyone for not staying up to date with info. about week 8 I over fertilized and basically killed my grow. The 3 sour grape I had were fine because they finish earlier than Sour Diesel. The SD pops a little when burned, has no odor at all, but has a good high. But so many people judge by the smell.... having a hard time moving it even for 100 an ounce! mainly just close friends.

going to make a few changes to the room while its hot and plan to start a new grow after the heat breaks.

Back
Top Bottom