Spider mites

Do they have this mite-rid at a hydro store ? Also can u use it into the first couple weeks of flowering and how much does it cost ? Thanks

Hey Ace...Tricky situation for sho. My experience: If youre buds are already in the "gettin sticky" stage, the Neem oil might not be the way to go as it will "stick" to the buds also. It is a coating of sorts. i would go with a smidge of dish soap in a sprayer. A smidge! The soapy mixture will break down, the bud trichs will most likely hamper the coating process of the oil by not allowing the oil to dry into a waxy coating.

Man, have we all done the Neem Oil under the hot lights? I thought I was the only one. Definitely a no no. My preferred mix is 1/2 teaspon Neem, 1/2 teaspoon dish soap & 1/4 teaspoon Malathion, an Ortho product. I can hear everyone sayin OMG! A pesticide! But 1) it breaks down in 3 days or less and is used in vegetable gardens as well. 2) If you have mites, it's a war you cant afford to lose. You dont have the time to mess around with mamby pamby stuff that may or may not work. Trust me, those little bastards are resilient.

If youre doin the dirt thing, I keep a piece of plastic apprx 12 inches x 12 inches with a slit cut half way across. My smaller plants are always in a 6 inch pots so I just slide the plastic across the top of the plant/pot with the slit splitting the trunk. I pull the plastic down around the upper area of the pot, hold the plastic next to the pot while inverting the entire plant/pot at apprx a 45 degree angle and then begin sprayin the underneath of the leaves. The plastic prevents loss of dirt or the whole plant from sliding out of the pot during inversion which will really suck. I rotate the plant/pot 1/4 turn, spray, rotate 1/4 turn, spray etc until Ive drenched the complete underneath of all the leaves. It's easier & quicker and more complete than fighting the spray bottle at an angle. i finish by giving the plant a complete top leaf spray. Every week or so if no bugs for preventative measures, every other day if I have bugs. My larger plants in 3+gal buckets, obviously being too heavy too lift, I break out my trusty 1 gal pump sprayer. It has a rotating tip(most do) and the leaves are easily reached on top and most important, underneath. BTW, make sure you are spraying the underside of ALL your leaves. It's where the mite war is won or lost.

Spray times. Under flouros, I spray with the lights on because the Neem/mix doesnt cause any problems because of the flouros low heat output (T-5's). The halides & sodiums, I wait until the plants have just entered their sleep cycle, go in with a flashlite and spray. I like the Neem/mix to have the six hours of no light/heat to really do it's thing. If you spray just before your lites come on, the heat will dry your Neem/mix too quickly which is to say it renders the application/treatment pretty much ineffective.

Dish Soap- I use whatever the Mrs happens to have under the sink, but I have to make sure I put it back. She's funny that way...

Great info from everyone who has posted! :peace: peace n good luck...MF

Ace Im at the last 3 weeks left of flowering and have noticed mites so if you know<should I just watch and wait or try to get rid of them in last couple of weeks.Infestation is light not alot of them.:thanks:

Bilbus i would watch them and spray with a mixed solution of 1/2 teaspoon soap and water just to keep the infestation down. Depending how many plants you have ive been taking the time to wipe the under sides of the leaves to get rid of most of the eggs and mites. Other than that just wait it out and hope for the best. Ive got about five weeks left and im fighting a war that seems unstopable. Good luck brother ; )

:smokin:Thanks ACE you too Gods Speed for a decent harvest:cool:

Back
Top Bottom