Spider mites

AEquilibrium

I have a spider mite infestation and wan to prevent this in the future. My climate is very warm and so I'm trying to think of how I can keep my grow space nice and cool.I have a small 3 by 3 foot grow room space and so I'm very limited and also I have a very tight budget. Any suggestions?

I have a spider mite infestation and wan to prevent this in the future. My climate is very warm and so I'm trying to think of how I can keep my grow space nice and cool.I have a small 3 by 3 foot grow room space and so I'm very limited and also I have a very tight budget. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking neem products would be a good idea for you, especially for affordability sake. You should be able to source some neem cake to make some neem-tea with. Mix it up with some soap ( mild dish soap, or if you can get it, insecticidal soap ) and spray it on every 2-3 days for several weeks. You should cut back to once a week after a while, but keep it up throughout your current grow and plan to do it ever 2-4 weeks in future grows. Don't spray it on your flowers though. During flower I like to use neem oil ( a little more spendy ) and feed it directly to the roots, but this takes more time to work and might not be as effective at knocking down a current thriving infestation. Regular applications of the neem oil to the roots in future grows will act as a good prevention as well.

There's also more to be said about keeping a clean grow environment and minding contamination. You shouldn't go into your grow area if you've been around outdoor plants before you shower for example. Other precautions would be to clean up dead leaf litter--they love that stuff. Also defoliating, using silica suppliments to make the plant skins tougher, etc.

I'm thinking neem products would be a good idea for you, especially for affordability sake. You should be able to source some neem cake to make some neem-tea with. Mix it up with some soap ( mild dish soap, or if you can get it, insecticidal soap ) and spray it on every 2-3 days for several weeks. You should cut back to once a week after a while, but keep it up throughout your current grow and plan to do it ever 2-4 weeks in future grows. Don't spray it on your flowers though. During flower I like to use neem oil ( a little more spendy ) and feed it directly to the roots, but this takes more time to work and might not be as effective at knocking down a current thriving infestation. Regular applications of the neem oil to the roots in future grows will act as a good prevention as well.

There's also more to be said about keeping a clean grow environment and minding contamination. You shouldn't go into your grow area if you've been around outdoor plants before you shower for example. Other precautions would be to clean up dead leaf litter--they love that stuff. Also defoliating, using silica suppliments to make the plant skins tougher, etc.

Thanks you, this is really helpful..

Back
Top Bottom