Spotted leaves

btkted

420 Member
Hello! I've never posted but am an avid reader. I've recently had problems with my grow. My lower leaves are spotting and dying. I've had this problem for 3 grows now and cannot seem to diagnose the issue. Here's some info on the grow:
3 Gelato
4 x 2 tent.
Week 2 of flower. I transplanted these 3 weeks ago and then flipped to flower 1 week later. 3 gallon pots with f.f.ocean with perlite added. I haven't used nutes yet, just plain ph'd water at around 6.3 ph. The temps are around 80 day / 73 night. Humidity 54% average. I've been growing for a few years and never had this problem til i switched lights to a spider farmer 2000. I'm getting very good yeilds Even with this problem. Please help.

20211016_190241.jpg

20211016_190235.jpg

20211014_190259.jpg

20211014_190156.jpg

Welcome to 420, btked! :welcome:
Really sorry to see that...

That's either spidermite damage, or thrip damage, but I don't see the telltale brown poop spots that thrips leave behind, so pretty sure it's spidermites.
Do you have any Neem oil to spray them with? They're a real bear to get rid of, so you'll need to spray multiple times- hopefully, you can get rid of them before your ladies start flowering, because you can't spray neem on the buds (you can, but it makes them taste awful)
Spidermites are close to microscopic, so you may not see them, but they're definitely there...
Also, only spray at lights out, or you can damage the leaves.
@Sierra Natural Science 217C spider mite control (they're a sponsor here) will also get rid of them, but you also don't want to spray that after they start flowering, so sooner is better in this case...

That's either spidermite damage, or thrip damage, but I don't see the telltale brown poop spots that thrips leave behind, so pretty sure it's spidermites.
Do you have any Neem oil to spray them with? They're a real bear to get rid of, so you'll need to spray multiple times- hopefully, you can get rid of them before your ladies start flowering, because you can't spray neem on the buds (you can, but it makes them taste awful)
Spidermites are close to microscopic, so you may not see them, but they're definitely there...
@Sierra Natural Science 217C spider mite control (they're a sponsor here) will also get rid of them, but you also don't want to spray that after they start flowering, so sooner is better in this case...
You can see if you zoom in , this put me off too at the start , you can see their poop when you use zoom :thumb: good job Carcass

You can see if you zoom in , this put me off too at the start , you can see their poop when you use zoom :thumb: good job Carcass
Nuttyprofessor and Carcass. Thank you so much! I will start working on this immediately.

you can see their poop when you use zoom :thumb: good job Carcass
Thanks,Prof-
I didn't zoom, I saw the spotted leaves, and just thought "yipes-spidermites"!
Thank You, and @Sueet, for taking a closer look!

And good luck to you getting rid of those little bastards, btked !

Back
Top Bottom