Spring Fling

AlmostHeaven

4x4 tent
Mars Hydro TSW 2000w LED light
6 inch Vivosun tubefan w/ carbon filter as exhaust -
one intake hole has a small desk fan stripped to fit, runs 24-7. AND a 3 foot oscilating tower fan in corner on low
3 gallon and 7 gallon canvas pots consisting of my mix of 75% coco/25% organic potting soil with all natural 4-4-4 amendment while in vegetation. Followed up with 2-8-4 or 4-8-4 later closer to lights being flipped.

My seed bank has become much more efficient since the start of the prior grow in addition to what I hope is a successfull delivery of ordered seeds equals more choices than I even have room for! Soo I have decided on fewer plants that I can hopefully get to be fatter this go..going with 4 seeds to start. A single Harlequin, and either 2x Pinnapple Express with 1 Blueberry or vice versa. Just wanted to get this started asap!! Will update soon! Cheers all!

20210322_111227.jpg

Spoils of last grow. (French Toast mmm praying for a lucky seed or two from the batch due to absolutely loving it)
20210322_133500.jpg

Prepping for babies.
20210322_133445.jpg

Going to use a heat mat this grow for germination.
20210322_133436.jpg

Decided on some peat pellets also.
20210322_133403.jpg

New soil to mix with coco upon its arrival.
20210322_133247.jpg

My last grow's recycled medium went into low cost raised beds.
20210322_133228.jpg

Sun drying old pots.

20210322_133428.jpg

Current seed inventory properly stored and labeled containing (as of now, hopefully keep finding the scarce beauties in my jars!):

2x ??? from mystery pack before last grow
2x MAC Gas
1x Star Dawg #9
1x Skunky Cookies
25+x Completely Unknown

New inventory of femenized seeds coming the day after tommorow will consist of:

6x Blueberry (Indica dom)
6x Pinnapple Express (Sativa dom)
6x Harlequin (1:1,cbd:thc ratio/ high cbd)
3x Grapefruit (Freebies)

I have no idea how some of the strains Ive tried have managed to successfully self-pollinate but certainly hope they keep it up and very excited to see what the future holds for all the possibilities. Cya in a few days to get busy 420! Have a blessed day all.

Nice start, I use the same size tent and light, but always want more.

I always want to try this strain, I need to get some seeds soon; so maybe then.

:goodluck: with your grow, I will be around to see how you are coming along.

Tok..
Couldnt agree more friend. People say quality OR quantity?! I say why not have both if possible? Thanks alot Tok. Ive only hit Pinnapple Express a few times myself and was enough to leave me seeking more of that also! lol cheers bro!

G'day AlmostHeaven, I'm in for the ride. The last one was fun. Best of luck with this new garden Are you doing Manifolds again?

Maybe toss a couple of those 'Completely Unknown' in beside the tomatoes and carrots outside this summer. Could get you some Bonus Weed lolol

Very interested to see how you like the 1:1 THC/CBD. I've been thinking about trying a CBD plant too. Hats off man

G'day AlmostHeaven, I'm in for the ride. The last one was fun. Best of luck with this new garden Are you doing Manifolds again?

Maybe toss a couple of those 'Completely Unknown' in beside the tomatoes and carrots outside this summer. Could get you some Bonus Weed lolol

Very interested to see how you like the 1:1 THC/CBD. I've been thinking about trying a CBD plant too. Hats off man
Hey there PS, glad to have you along pal. Im thinking yes to your question only this time I plan on being more patient both before their toppings and before switching to their blooming stage in hopes of making the largest possible ladies. I wish I could do your idea with all my unknowns but that is unfortunately not an option due to legalities and location of the raised beds. I have, however, been looking around some of the more secluded sections of our property with some ideas for the upcoming warmer weather and honestly cant wait. Im always down for "bonus" weed. lol
Yea Ive read about and studied Harlequin quite a bit and am now pretty certain it will be beneficial to helping a few of both me and my wife's ailments and look forward to trying.
Cheers friend! Have a blessed day!

Great news everybody..my seeds have arrived!! A day early even! Very pleased with the service so far, can only hope their genetics are as good as delivery speeds lol. They even came with freebies, and even though the 3 free seeds are actually Cheese instead of the Grapefruit like they originally told me I am not complaining as Ive wanted to try a Cheese strain sometime. Going to go with 4 plants this go and time is always of the essence so lets get started!
First, I leave each seed soaking in a bottle of drinking water for about 5 or 6 hours. Be sure to begin labeling already or you will get them mixed up early on if doing multiple strains at once. Next, I mixed up a gallon of the Superthrive seed starter formula that came with my Jiffy peat pellets and gently poured just about a cup over the pellets in their tray. From here until they get a little larger I will most likely be using my trusty spray bottle for now. Ive got my heat mat situated directly under my starter tray and ready to go. Now I shall just be patient while they soak and prep to get going themselves. See ya this evening to finish up and doublecheck a few things. Decided on 2x Pinnapple Express, 1x Blueberry, and 1x Harlequin for this grow. Cheers all and wishing you all a good day!

20210323_100903.jpg

20210323_095907.jpg

20210323_095339.jpg

20210323_093748.jpg

20210323_100912.jpg

20210323_101750.jpg

They soaked for about 6 hours and now they are ready to go straight into my peat pellets for germination. First, be sure and be extra careful with the rare babies getting them out of the water bottle if you went the same route, I personally use a strainer for ease but just dont be near sink or toilet drains! Ive seen excited folks do it before sadly lol..next, insert each seed one per pellet until the entire body of it is surrounded; good tip -> always insert the pointy side down leaving the more rounded off "crown" at the top. Then cover it very lightly with some of the fluffed peat surrounding. Be sure and label as you go and then mist thoroughly with same solution as before when you add the lid and turn on the light and heating mat. Now if I could fast forward time! lol

20210323_165658.jpg

20210323_165810.jpg

20210323_165923.jpg

20210323_170051.jpg

20210323_170256.jpg

20210323_171416.jpg

Had spare time today and recieved one of my coco bags so I went ahead and prepared the four 3 gallon pots my babies will go into once they are ready.
First, about half of my bag of organic soil goes into the tub.

20210324_115430.jpg

Next, an entire bag of coco.

20210324_114922.jpg

Now about a cup and half of 4-4-4.

20210324_120006.jpg

20210324_115659.jpg

Mix thoroughly as possible.

20210324_120638.jpg

20210324_120200.jpg

Into the pots packing down nice and snug as you go. Now we wait! Have a blessed day 420! See ya back in a few days when they break surface hopefully.

20210324_124038.jpg

Also gave them a nice spray down after so they will have residual moisture already when I plant straight into these pots.

20210324_165356.jpg

Picked up a new toy today I probably should have already have. Appears my soil/coco mix is reading just above 7 ph at moment.

Great news all! Not even 48 hours since planting and there has already been substantial growth! 3/4 are visibly pushing theirselves through and the last one even has a little hump were she is trying too. Ive never ordered through a big company before and wonder is my coin going to not only garaunteed females but this extra vigor. Cheers gang and looks like I'll be back sooner than I originally thought.
Here was this morning. Notice the one Pinapple Express already! wow!

20210325_092131.jpg

Now, about 6 hours later..

20210325_140924.jpg

20210325_140643.jpg

20210325_092505.jpg

Will give them all another day or two to dispose of their own seed casing without help, if not then I usually intervene gently with tweezers.
They have been kept in dark so far..maybe tommorow I will start to introduce them to some light, or are they still to young?
My previous seedlings were all born into light because I was ignorant until lately about proper germination. Now that I think about it, maybe thats why my seeds popped so much quicker. Optimal enviornment really does make a huge impact on speeds from what Ive seen so far.

Pretty sure that once they're germinated they can get gentle light. My seedlings usually sit in a sunny window from breaking the surface.

Pretty sure that once they're germinated they can get gentle light. My seedlings usually sit in a sunny window from breaking the surface.
Yea I decided on double LED Sunbeam desk lamps. They seem like the might do the task just fine. Not quite ready for Mr. biglight yet, I think I been killin my babies with to much light lol.

20210325_150303.jpg

20210325_150228.jpg

Here is a shot of my girls after the most seedling growth Ive ever personally seen in a day. I am very pleased with my seed order so far; 100% germination rate and I cannot get over how rampant their growth has been so far. Im very excited to get another garden started, everyone that spends any amount of time around me informs me I seem kinda "down" lately without me saying anything compared to when my tent is going strong. This hobby truly is one of the best things Ive found to channel good, positive energy into. I love it. Cheers 420 and of course I'll be back bright n early!

20210325_200627.jpg

Wow! 4 out of 4 Worth every penny ...and popped their shells too!

Wow! 4 out of 4 Worth every penny ...and popped their shells too!
I know Im amazed! My first few grows the seeds took 3 or 4 days at the very least before popping and then I had to help a few out over the next few days by removing their shells with tweezers lol. Ive got a good feeling about this grow and cannot wait to see how they do. Cheers bud.

Day 1

Went ahead and removed their lid entirely after leaving cracked open on one end through the night. Got their lights started early for them and gave them a few drops each of my water/superthrive solution. The same PE that popped up first has its taproot protruding from the bottom corner of the peat pellet she's in already! I am going to leave their heating mat on for another day or so. Im very happy with my new seedling setup's performance; Im just not entirely sure when to go into the larger pots...Id say at least a few more days for root development. Welcome to any that may be following along. I plan on posting at least weekly once they take off and am going to try to be more concise and precise with my journal this grow. Thank you in advance for any tips and advice as I do consider myself to be somewhat of a beginner still but am definitely still willing to learn or change for the better..cheers from my garden to yours and have a blessed day!

20210326_063905.jpg

20210326_070453.jpg

20210326_070446.jpg

20210326_070437.jpg

20210326_070341.jpg

Well that looks like a great start. To my knowledge roots can not be let dry. Perhaps stack a second peat pellet underneath the one with protruding tap root. It will likely outgrow both quickly though.

Are these 4 photoperiod plants or auto flowering? I ask because I wonder if you're going to stay with 18/6 lighting? There's actually no evidence for 18/6, many growers go with 20 22 or even 24hrs lights on. The 18/6 has just become the 'anecdotal' standard. I used to grow indoors years ago at 22-23 hours lights on per day.

Well that looks like a great start. To my knowledge roots can not be let dry. Perhaps stack a second peat pellet underneath the one with protruding tap root. It will likely outgrow both quickly though.

Are these 4 photoperiod plants or auto flowering? I ask because I wonder if you're going to stay with 18/6 lighting? There's actually no evidence for 18/6, many growers go with 20 22 or even 24hrs lights on. The 18/6 has just become the 'anecdotal' standard. I used to grow indoors years ago at 22-23 hours lights on per day.
These are all photoperiod plants and have yet to try my hand with any autos. Yea Ive been keeping nice and moist as I can for now? thought about just going ahead and placing them into their 3 gallon pots this evening. I mean why not? They are off to a pretty good start, I can even keep the heating mat underneath. Thought of using tweezers to try to direct the root back into its pellet but why risk breaking it when I can give it a good spot now..and I plan to keep 18/6 for veg period then go to a 12/12 when they're all nice and ready for the flip.
thanks and cheers mate

I hope this isnt too soon but I usually plant straight into pots so Im used to the extra needed attention when overpotting. I couldnt bare the thought of those roots trying to dig and not finding any soil. My RH is around 50% and rises alot when we do laundry. Ive given all forms of light throughout the day trying to butter them up for a fulltime big light on them. They look great and am keeping a close eye on them until they get a tad larger. Cheers!

20210326_155901.jpg

20210326_155808.jpg

20210326_155754.jpg

20210326_155742.jpg

20210326_155733.jpg

Day 7

They are coming along quite nicely. Ive never experienced the increased vigor of purchased feminized seeds vs. bag seeds ive typically used for my prior grows. Im very excited to make these girls as large and healthy as my tent will allow. Also I am going to be mainlining again using the same techniques as last grow but will allow for more growth before toppings and am ready for an extra long veg cycle for training.
Im very impressed with how large they are for one week especially the smaller PInnapple Express that seemed to be the runt has caught up for the most part.
Will be back next Friday guys and from our garden to yours, cheers!

20210402_091712.jpg

Harlequin
20210402_091701.jpg

Blueberry
20210402_091632.jpg

PE (the runt)
20210402_091620.jpg

PE
20210402_091558.jpg

2x Pinnapple Express in front, back left to right is Blueberry then Harlequin.

Looking great. Back to back harvests, you'll never run out now lolol :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom