Square footage needed per plant?

Cabinman

Hello gang, I have a 5' x 3' closet, painted matte white. I'm running a full spectrum of CFL's, proper ventilation, good nutrition, I'm all set. My question is, as a newbie, I'm curious to see what amount of plants I should start with ? So, please chime in..... Thanks in advance, Cabinman

Re: Square footage needed per plant ?

You'll generally find that the plants take up whatever space is available to them, so if you have fewer plants, they'll just bush out a bit more, so don't worry too much about the exact numbers. But as a ballpark, I reckon you could probably do about 6 in that space.

You could do six vegged to about 12-14" before flipping to 12/12, for indica dominant strains anyway. Depending on your growing methods. Or grow two or three bigger ones but youll have to train those ones to grow wider so they fill the space nicely and don't hit the ceiling.

6 is perfect, that's exactly what I was thinking. ur the best.. thanks hazeldazel..

I'm not positive of the strain,but its a great quality of my bag stuff. I'm just sick and tired of throwing away my cash. I'm using a full spectrum of cfl's and quality nutrients. Also, the space has an almost 6' ceiling. I'm gonna get going soon as the weather warms up a bit. Thanks for your input WeaselCracker.

Hello gang, I have a 5' x 3' closet, painted matte white. I'm running a full spectrum of CFL's, proper ventilation, good nutrition, I'm all set. My question is, as a newbie, I'm curious to see what amount of plants I should start with ? So, please chime in..... Thanks in advance, Cabinman

If you can afford it, look into LEDs. I started with CFLs and by the time I finished adding all the side lighting, building a reflector for the top lights, lamp hardware for side lighting, I figure I spent around $250-300. You could get a Mars-Hydro reflector 96x3 and a 48x3 for about that same price range and it would fit your space well. Look at some of the grows Dennise has. She uses these light (as well as other.) I think you will find better results with less heat. ;) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom