Starting my first grow

oside420

Well i decided to start my first grow right now. Im not moving until October 6...so i have a few quick questions. Im starting to sprout my seeds right now, and when they fully sprout (hopefully by the end of this week) im gonna use a jiffy pot, do i need to put anything into these jiffy pots? like soil or whatever? I think im going to try what nodirt4weed did, 50% peet 25% perlite(spelling) and 25% soil. Im assuming that my plants wont grow to big by the time i move, because i kinda gotta keep it a secret. Ill be making my grow box this week, and getting the lights and stuff i need. Ill keep you guys updated with pictures and stuff when everything gets underway. Any tips are welcomed. And criticism. :biggrin:

Re: Starting my first grow!

good shit. Keep us updated and good luck with ur grow.

lol no prob. Just let us know if there are any questions you have and if you're interested, post pics as constuction comes along so we can make any recomendations. Good luck and keep us updated.

My seeds started to crack open! one of them has a small white root coming out. Its still small but maybe my goal will be accomplished (planting by the end of this week) I have to set up my grow box now though. I cant paint it flat white like i was planning, because this is my temp. grow box for about a month. So should i put the tin foil on all the walls? And my question was still unanswered, do i need to put the soil combination in the jiffy pot?

If the root is showing you need to plant it now. If the tap root gets too long before you plant it, it has a much lower chance of suvival. This is why you always get your grow room set up before you do anything with the seeds. If you get it in the soil now it won't break soil for a couple more days, giving you time to hurry up and get your grow area completed. To answer your other question, yes you put soil into the jiffy pot. Like Kitty said rockwool is ideal, but seeing as you already have the peat pots you should be fine, just something to remember for next time around.

yo did u say that u are movin in october if so i dont think your plant will even finish buddin even if u flowered them at like a week old.. flowerin takes like 6-8 weeks

holy shit i didnt know that 9-12 weeks thats alot... i thought most of them were 6-8 weeks .. see i learn something new every day . but either way he doesnt have enough time to fully flower

^^ Werd. Im on my 5th week of flowering. I figure i harvest around Oct 18.

Hey i was at school, so i couldnt reply right away. But yeah. 4 of my seeds are showing the tap root. I just got back from lowes and walmart. I bought peat moss, perlite, and some indoor growing soil. I also bought some normal pots, i didnt think jiffy pots were worth it. I dont need it finished by october, i just want it be be growing by that time. Im hoping it wont grow too big before i move though, i am bringing them with me. Thanks for the help.

sounds good bro i was worried at first that you werent going to able to fully flower them .but yeah if u start them now your plant will be a nice size thats like 5 weeks of veg

nice. whats the ideal wattage of lights that i should use? Im going to put the seeds in my soil combination really soon, like in 10 minutes. And im going to set up my growing box with the tin foil on the walls. Right now i only have like a 20 watt closet light, and a 30 watt desktop lamp. I know thats not enough right?

Hmm...i think theyre floros. Im planning on growing 5, i was actually only gonna try one but i was a little faded and decided to sprout all 5 of them. My box is like a cabinet, its actually the cabinet that my tv is resting on right now. I forgot to add that the light i have get fairly hot. Ummm so basically, the box i have is big enough to hold 5 six inch pots...if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom