Steady's First Ever Grow - 400 Watt HPS - Auto Purple Kush

Steady Pimpin

Hi everybody. I am brand new to growing and brand new to 420Mag. This will be my first ever grow and can use all the help i can get. Im attempting autoflower strains at first to get the hang of things. I myself do not smoke, I am growing in washington state with my medical liscense because lately I have been spending quite a bit on meds for my cousin who was diagnosed at age 6 with epilepsy. Id hate to see him suffer because i can no longer afford to buy him this miracle plant that actually works. Im going to try to do this the right way with the proper equipment.

Here we go and thanks for any help i may get!

Growing space: In the mail is a lighthouseHydro 4x2x6 grow tent
Strain/Quantity: I had order 5x feminized bubbleiscious auto from nirvana then read some bad reviews on them possibly not actually "autoflowering" So now i have in the mail 5x Buddha Feminized auto Purple Kush.
Soil: Im going with FFOF/Perlite mix as i have heard great things with it.
Nutes: Undecided... possibly advanced nutrients? (Need experienced help on this one)
Pots: im using 3 gallon growing bags with drainage holes
Lighting: I will be running a 400watt metal halide plus 2 42 watt Cfls untill flower then switch to 400 watt hps with the 2 42 watt cfls. My light is FloraLux Brand with a 4 inch vetalation port attached for cooling. Hortilux enhanced spectrum Super HPS bulb for flowering.
Ventilation: in the mail is a 4" intake fan with air filter as well as a 4inch inline exhaust fan that will run ducting from the light port out through the top right of the tent. (please give me a heads up if you believe this may not be enough to extract enough heat from my tent.) I will be purchasing a phresh filter before flowering because although its legal in washington and i have a medical liscense... I do live in a rental property.
Germination: Plan to just use paper towel method yet open to advice. Will NOT be transplanting they will go straight into the 3 gallon bags.
Light Cycle: 18/6 or 20/4 You guys will influence my decision on this dependent on feedback
Method: I will be using the SCROG method (still undecided of how high to place the screen ive heard anywhere from 8 inches to 12 inches)

My seeds are due in a max of 2 weeks I will then have everything set up and can get you guys some pics. I love me some good constructive criticism so lets hear it!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom