Stem Splitting Before Harvesting

I’ve tried this before but I can’t say if it increased trichomes but it was frosty. The concept is supposed to be that the plant thinks an animal in the wild is attacking so it produces more trichs since trichomes are actually how they protect themselves
Makes sense what your saying, I also noticed a more frostier flower,
But also did not notice too much of a difference

Clones

Attachments

• 3DD31385-5068-44EB-BD3E-281D25A0F3DD.jpeg
    3DD31385-5068-44EB-BD3E-281D25A0F3DD.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 301449BB-52CD-47F3-BEE4-A11497371D36.jpeg
    301449BB-52CD-47F3-BEE4-A11497371D36.jpeg
    776.7 KB · Views: 86
A friend of mine swears buy this although he doesn't wedge them open... just pulls them gently apart everytime he checks on them
Hi Jimbobdaz,
That actually makes a lot of sense to do it that way, I found the tree dies completely fairly rapidly
I will try that method on one of the clones.
Thanks for sharing,
:blunt:

Almost looks like fewer tricomes but that could be because the camera is not in the exact same position for the second photo. The real way to tell is to do it with a 10 plants and have another batch of 10 as a control group. Then do it with another 10 plant group and then another group. Always with a control group.

And it would not hurt to have a few people test a sample from each batch. Sometimes research can be fun.
I like the idea of control groups,
Thank you for your input.
I’m sure I can find a few tasters without any trouble

Makes sense what your saying, I also noticed a more frostier flower,
But also did not notice too much of a difference
Based off the regular training techniques we use it would make a little sense. Topping and lst promotes different growth, so why wouldn’t stem splitting. Marijuana seems like a resilient plant that heavily adjusts to things

Back
Top Bottom