Splitting The Stem?

I split the stem of rhis plant by accident but this was just after stretch seems to be doing good. But a dangerous method i wouldnt do it thay late in flower the plant wont have time to recover.the two bigger colas are the ones that were snapped.
20190813_184219.jpg
20190813_184208.jpg

I haven't deliberately tried this, but I am intrigued with reports of increased bud growth. My plant may have been reading the same reports as this morning she decided to do it herself :oops:

The idea behind splitting the stem before harvest is to induce stress to the plant. This stress signals the plant to put on more resin and helps it finish quicker. I personally don’t do it but I know people who did the same sort of thing by drilling a hole in the stalk of the plant. Personally not for me. I like to baby my girls.

i have seen techniques, probably on strain hunters, way up in the hills somewhere where the hemp farmer would actually split the vegging 3 foot tall stem right down to the ground and lay it down to grow like that.

not a recommendation at all

Generally you don't split the stem into two. You just create a split near the base of the stalk, 2-12 inches off the ground depending on plant size. I've done it a few times perhaps with proper lab tests you could verify the outcome but as far as side by side buds I couldn't notice enough of a difference to warrant the practice.

i'd love to see a lot of side by sides. this being one of them. I really think that unless you have a lab the best way would be to use a strain that's knows to be low resin and trich count. so then if it really makes a difference it'll be easier to see. if such a strain even exists now a days. lol

It won't "add" trichomes. It's done way to late in the life cycle for that to be a possibility. All it does is increases the resin content. You might be able to judge it via the hash or other concentrates it returns but visually on the buds it would be hard.

Her split had opened a little more overnight altho she still continued to look very well and seemingly unaffected by it.

It was tricky on my own to apply a repair. With 2 hands I could close the split, but when it came to putting electrical tape around whilst trying to hold it closed and all the Quad branches and wiring being obstructive it still came out with about a 3mm gap. I imagine it will be fine, the binding will ensure the gap doesn't widen. I left a gap in the tape to ensure the split could breathe and I could continue to monitor it.

Back
Top Bottom