Extreme stem splitting

nickeluring

My outdoor Banana got accidentally stem splitted today. It was a very sad sight... Her buds have got quite heavy over the last couple of weeks and we have some strong winds.
Hopefully she'll survive until harvest. She'll be stuck against the wall between the chairs now, and won't be moved to chase the direct sunlight for the rest of her life as before.

Some people split their stems voluntarily to increase trichome production, so hopefully this will be the frostiest Banana ever - yeay :rolleyes:

that is extreme indeed,, and as senoir said,, i have read in far off places there are folks that split the cane purposely right to the ground, and let the two halves grow.. stories perhaps,, perhaps

but,, super excellent repair job nick,, well done,, bet she don't skip a beat,, :bravo:

Thanks guys, I really hope I can keep her alive. I gave her a spraying of cinnamon to help keeping pest away, and I will keep doing that.

My outdoor Banana got accidentally stem splitted today. It was a very sad sight... Her buds have got quite heavy over the last couple of weeks and we have some strong winds.
Hopefully she'll survive until harvest. She'll be stuck against the wall between the chairs now, and won't be moved to chase the direct sunlight for the rest of her life as before.
It looks like a thoroughly excellent repair job, so much I am guessing she'll carry on as good as gold.

Some people split their stems voluntarily to increase trichome production, so hopefully this will be the frostiest Banana ever - yeay :rolleyes:
The plant looks lovely anyway, the next few days should confirm she's alright and a great opportunity to test out that frost theory!
:ganjamon:

Thanks guys. She is looking ok today, so that means she's drinking - good.

This is how the buds look like now. We'll see if they'll change...

Repair is holding up so far.

if you see any signs of rot rub baking soda on it , it will kill all fungus :)

Cheers, I'm spraying her with cinnamon frequently to avoid such problems. If I still get it, I'll try baking soda.

Thanks guys. She is looking ok today, so that means she's drinking - good.
Looks like she's picked up and responding beautifully. It is an absolute shitter that you've lost the central table space for your outdoor chairs and there's now not much leg room, but still what a lovely sight to take while enjoying a coffee with 2 friends. :rofl:

I have a split stem story too:

Hola to everyone out in the field doing God's work getting their crop in. I live at 50 degrees north and it will soon get cold at night so I have to start harvesting my earlier strains. I have mostly ACE seed hybrids, that I've with crossed with some faster hybrid plants because I'm growing outdoors in Canada and I know they'll be ready earlier in the fall. But also I like the pure sativas you can find from ACE that I plant in pots and bring inside around October 1 to finish off in a south facing window, usually in late November they are ready for harvest. Also I like Hemp Depot's Beanhoader crosses because he has some interesting hybrids with excellent genetics and all are quite economical (most are about $30 US for 10 seeds.) Some mature very fast and get huge.

Yesterday I harvested my Beanhoader cross Durban Poison x Big Freeze which was a huge plant until it split in four parts all landing in the tall grass or in my garden. I had topped it twice so there were four main branches that fell apart in a wind storm and landed on the ground like four compass points. The strange thing is all four parts survived and continued to grow as they were still tenuously attached to the main stalk. Strangely and happily for me each part started sending shoots up all over the garden and surrounding hill. Really strange. I think this plant will yield well over a pound of dried bud. Here are some pics. Has anyone had a similar experience with a plant splitting apart and continuing to grow?

Smoke report from a bud I microwaved to dry: The description at Hemp Depot says "electric stone" and that's right. I immediately felt a real head rush that got my heart pounding and that was followed by an utter lack of desire to move or do anything. Strange, like trying to run in two different directions at the same time. Then it became real relaxing but in my head there was an super aware component. So I would say with a proper curing those two effects may end up blending well together.

Attachments

Hola to everyone out in the field doing God's work getting their crop in. I live at 50 degrees north and it will soon get cold at night so I have to start harvesting my earlier strains. I have mostly ACE seed hybrids, that I've with crossed with some faster hybrid plants because I'm growing outdoors in Canada and I know they'll be ready earlier in the fall. But also I like the pure sativas you can find from ACE that I plant in pots and bring inside around October 1 to finish off in a south facing window, usually in late November they are ready for harvest. Also I like Hemp Depot's Beanhoader crosses because he has some interesting hybrids with excellent genetics and all are quite economical (most are about $30 US for 10 seeds.) Some mature very fast and get huge.

Yesterday I harvested my Beanhoader cross Durban Poison x Big Freeze which was a huge plant until it split in four parts all landing in the tall grass or in my garden. I had topped it twice so there were four main branches that fell apart in a wind storm and landed on the ground like four compass points. The strange thing is all four parts survived and continued to grow as they were still tenuously attached to the main stalk. Strangely and happily for me each part started sending shoots up all over the garden and surrounding hill. Really strange. I think this plant will yield well over a pound of dried bud. Here are some pics. Has anyone had a similar experience with a plant splitting apart and continuing to grow?

Smoke report from a bud I microwaved to dry: The description at Hemp Depot says "electric stone" and that's right. I immediately felt a real head rush that got my heart pounding and that was followed by an utter lack of desire to move or do anything. Strange, like trying to run in two different directions st the same time. Then it became real relaxing but in my head there was an super aware component. So I would say with a proper curing those two effects may end up blending well together.

Attachments

how cool is that..living/dead proof

great post friend, :thanks:

Smoke report from a bud I microwaved to dry: The description at Hemp Depot says "electric stone" and that's right. I immediately felt a real head rush that got my heart pounding and that was followed by an utter lack of desire to move or do anything. Strange, like trying to run in two different directions at the same time. Then it became real relaxing but in my head there was an super aware component. So I would say with a proper curing those two effects may end up blending well together.

Attachments

That is just amazing! These plants are some pretty good survivors. I wouldn't expect it to keep growing like yours did after a trauma like that. Congrats on a great harvest, mate! :goof:

Nice fix

Back
Top Bottom