Stereotypes

Rubbar

I'm often offended by the fact that people stereotype me (dunno if that's the correct use of the word, but j00 know what I mean). And alot of them revolve around marijuana use.

You're sick(as in morbid).
On the contrary, I show much compasion towards animals, humans, etc. Not a crazy green peace compasion, I suppose I care about the general welfare of people

I don't trust you because of things you do
And when I heard this one I asked "What do I do" and was relied with "you know what I mean" And this person was obviously referring to drugs in general, although I only use other illicit drugs sporadically. It will be hard to explain this one. I can be trusted by friends and people I respect.

I know you're an ambitious young man, but you're going to throw it all away if you keep doing this
This one was from my mom. She is one of those people to lump all drugs into one category and considers Marijuana as bad (and possibly worse) than crack. I thought to myself, you're stupid. Although at times I am struck with apathy (attributed to marijuana use and my own mind) my ambitions really remain firm. And I've been gaining more courage to step forth and take hold of my "riskè" Ideals, plans, whatever.

I'm sure there are others I've had to delt with. But the more and more people get to know me and get closer to me their stereotypes drop. And unfortunately new ones form--but those have a much better basis of truth. Oh well.

I'll try to come up with some others later. What are ones you guys have had to deal with and how'd did you deal with them?

They're so burnt out and empty minded
Or something like that, when I get so stoned I just sit there and zone out I have about a million different thoughts going through my head. :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Marijuana expands my mind, it doesn't dull it out like the Oxycodones I have (prescribed) right now.

Betty you should explane to her that there are active ANTIdepresents in cannabis.

Yeah that kinda shit gets on my nerves to. It doesn't happen to me much cause I get to know people quick and most of the time they like me. Mostly people just look at me like I'm a gangsta, and they are expecting me to act like that. I do, but not around people that aren't gangstas. I'm really good at adapting to my situation.

My family just let me be cause I'm a lot better then them so they don't mind I smoke.

The best thing to do is be yourself and be proud that you are a pothead.

The more people who realize that potheads are normal people, the better. They need to see that potheads can be intelligent, well-rounded members of society too. We're not all criminals sitting on the couch all day!

Yeah, the only hurtful thing you could say to a stoner is "you're lazy and stupid because you smoke pot". I just don't like jobs that drug test, I mean, of course no one wants a coke head working for them, but pot heads can be very reliable, hard workers. Just because someone smokes pot does not mean they cannot finish a job or task, or keep a job.

old_smokey ... you are completely right!
I pull off better numbers than most people at my job.
I also smoke crazy amounts of dope.
Why am I a less qualified applicant to a job?

SeXy VeXy said:
Why am I a less qualified applicant to a job?
You're not.

If I was an entrapenuer (SP?), manager, store owner, what ever. I would probably try to hire people who are straight and wouldn't mind a little bit of pot, and preferably smoked. But someone reliable.

I can't imagine people being stereotypical towards pot smokers. It's so common in my community.

SHADED said:
I can't imagine people being stereotypical towards pot smokers. It's so common in my community.

Well then you're really lucky. I mean, in Long Beach it's obviously something tons of people do, but there are still some really uptight and forgive me for saying, but ignorant people here. And the ones that are uptight tend to be the type that would narq like to your boss or whatever if they knew.

And Snoop Dogg's from Long Beach. *shakes head* When will the world learn?

I think I know why folk consider potheads lazy. Pot is a depressant, it's supposed to bring you down. That's why people smoke up to watch a movie or chill. But then again, I've been known to blaze before playing pick-up sports or while hiking. So... forget that theory.

I think pot can affect you, but it's up to you to decide how you're affected. Damn I love pot. Can't wait till 4/20.

There will always be people in the world that think that marijuana is a very bad thing and it will make you an unproductive member of society. You can argue with them all day. You can cite every example you can from both historical and medical texts alike, you can tell them from your own pleasent experiences and you can try to make them understand that it is not as harmful as they percieve it to be and you will still have gotten nowhere. Some people are just set in what they belive and it is best not to try and change there minds. Everyone has to make decisions for themselves in their lives and let those people around you know this is first and foremost.

Back
Top Bottom