Stoned - Wrong seeds or wrong light cycle?

Kotter

I purchased several different types of seeds. I germinated what I thought was the feminized AK-47 seeds (not)
after 8 week of vegging I started the 12/12 cycle. after nine days I cut my first clone form the first plant I could determine was a female. FYI germinated 10 seeds, I have 10 female plants. Three weeks went by and my clone just sat there looking the same as when I placed it in a soil medium. Then it started to bud. I must have gotten the seeds messed up. I am growing some Kush autoflowering plants. The question I have is should I put them in a longer light cycle. They have been on 12/12 for about six weeks now.

Not sure as your description is confusing, did you put the clone back in veg photoperiod (24 hours, 18/6)

You should have put clone back on longer light cycle if you wanted to use it as future mother plant. Now that it has been 6 weeks of 12\12 you run the risk of stressing plants and turning them Hermie's if u swap the light cycle now.

Your best bet will be to figure out what you're growing first and foremost.

Unless we know for sure, it's difficult to tell you what the best course of action will be unless we know what we're dealing with, as autos and photos have different requirements.

If the clone is an Auto: You cut this clone and had it under an 18/6 light cycle, as long as it's sexually mature, it will normally start flowering. The plant is genetically the same age as the plant it was cut from.

If you had the suspected Auto under 12/12 lighting, there's no way to tell without making changes to the light cycle, and possibly stressing the plant.
Autos will flower when ready, regardless of the light cycle.

If the clone is a photo: You cut this clone and had it under an 18/6 light cycle, many strains will show preflowers when sexually mature, but will not go into full flowering until the lighting is switched to 12/12.

If you had the suspected photo under 12/12 lighting, as long as it was sexually mature, it will begin flowering right around the same time as the mother plant it was cut from.
Photo strains will only start flowering after being given a 12/12 light cycle, and this process usually takes 3-14 days to start seeing buds appear.

I put the clone back in a 24 hour light cycle, from the time I cloned it. The large plants are on a 12/12 cycle. I took one on the large plants back to a 24 hour cycle to see what happens. This is day three with the budding plant in a 24 hour cycle. The way I have it set up right not I have a veggin cycle of 24 hours and in another space I have the nine plants in question on a 12/12. I can Change the 12/12 to whatever light cycle I chose. I have other plants and clones in the veg room. I could put a timer there as well but have no timer at the moment.

The clone that is budding is 4" tall. one small set of leaves and a cola that is budding. 24 hour light.

I placed the smallest of the larger plants back in the 24 hour light to see what happens.

The other nine are going to stay on 12/12 light cycle until someone can tell me if that should be extended.

I thought about increasing the light cycle one hour a day until I get to 16/8 but I am afraid. Should be 4 to 6 weeks from harvest.

In hind sight it is best to label ya plant pots on whats is growing in em :thumb:

Mmm clones take about 10 to 14 days for good root formation maybe longer with some strains so don't expect any real form of growth plant wise ! in till potted up when they have roots & best kept under a vegging light cycle.

Well the clone which is budding might well be from an auto flowering plant ? might be worth checking the other larger plants to see what they are doing it may help out to see what is what ?

Inless ya got pre flowers confused with budding plants ?

Some pic's may help as they can be growth characteristics between the two strains grown which may help ID them :high-five:

Oh ye i would more likely not mess with light timing with the larger plants in 12/12 as it may induce hermie traits you might just want to ride that one out as a suggestion ?

Here is an update: End of day three with test plant in 24 hour light. It looks like the 9 on a 12/12

The problem is that these plant were sprouted 9 weeks before I put them on a 12/12 light cycle with no sign of sex. I did not put them in 36 hours of dark to start, but went straight to 12/12. It was 8 or nine days before I noticed the first sign of sex, notes are kind of like me a little foggy. It is at that time I took my first clone. I used green light rooting hormone. When I say this was my first clone I mean the first clone I have ever done. I have done three more since. Got the gel for the fourth one.
Sorry getting off point again

I have been doing a lot of research on auto flowering. Every thing I have read says they should start flowering at 3 to 5 weeks. The more I learn the less I know.
The first clone died, tips turned bright yellow and with three days it turn yellow, brown, and dead. Two and three died as well, no roots after two weeks.
Just started number 4. I think I will keep it under the glass dome a couple extra days

Just my 2 cents worth. I am just finishing some autos. All were started under 20/4 t5 vho floro light.
4 plants stayed short and the other 6 grew very tall so they were moved to the bloom room which has more height. They remained under 600 hps 12/12 light for the remainder.
They all started to flower at @ 26 days. The 20/4 plants have been finished hung and dried. The 12/12 plants are just finishing now (about 2 weeks later. ). Ideally I would have switched to 18/6, but I have other plants in bloom ( photos).
I believe the extra light time would have produced a better yield but it is what it is.
Don't know if this helps but best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom