StonedageCo CFL Grow Box Made of Old Stereo Cabinet

StonedageCo

Wow what a great site 420 has here. a little background on me. I have done 1 grow that was started in my closet. Goal was to get growing and motivated to convert my walk-in closet to 2 grow rooms. i used 4 23w CFL's 1600L each @ 5000k for veg and replaced them with 2 68w CFL's with 4200L each @ 2700k for budding. I germinated 7 seed expecting some males. had 3, 10" pots and 8" pots. well they were all female I had all kinds of problems but they kept growing slowly. finely figured that there was not enough light for 7 pots. seemed to be budding 1 plant at a time could of just been different kinds of weed but i was convinced that is was low light so living in Colorado I just put them in my window seal and only used the lights for the last couple of hours to complete the 12/12 cycle All the bud has been real good but quantity was small just guessing I got 3-10 grams per plant. My original goal on converting the closet has been deemed as a long term goal do to financial limits on hardware and power cost

my 11" bell reflectors
my little drying box

Got 1 plant left still maturing

Al-tho these were small but good I have found that I love growing. I look forward every day after work to spending time with my plants. Now I just need more plants. with winter coming on I fear that the closet will get to cold without some HID lighting and that is not affordable right now.

One night while enjoying some fruits of my labor my eye caught this old stereo cabinet that I was using to hold a DVD player. and thought there should be a plant growing in that!

Now I am not set on how i am going to grow in here got a few ideas floating around in my head. Main thing now is to get it ready for what ever I decide. figure if nothing else in the future I could use this for clone box or even to hold a mother plant for a while. so what ever time and money spent on it will be worth it.

Wandering around Home depot I seen these 2'x2' square of white board for under $2 a piece so I picked up 4 of them.

Cut then down to size since this cabinet is only has 32" of of room bottom to top I will only put the white board on the top 2'

Left over scraps

I am thinking of buying 1 more square of white board and make my light hood out of this. with lack of nails or screws ATM this will complete this log for today nov 1st 2014

I decided to grow in soil again. since I still have some MG soil that i didn't use last grow and I don't have the meters to monitor a hydo set up. So I cut a hole in one of the old shelves to suspend a pot high enough to put a drain pan under it.

this leaves me with 19" from top of pot to the top of the box. take away another 3-5" for lights and I am down to about 13"-14" of grow height I'm thinking SCROG. but that is way down the road atm. Next steps is ventilation. I am thinking PC fan in the top corner also going to haft to come up with a way to block the light from getting into my cabinet. also going to haft to start gathering pieces for a door.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I decided to grow in soil again. since I still have some MG soil that i didn't use last grow and I don't have the meters to monitor a hydo set up. So I cut a hole in one of the old shelves to suspend a pot high enough to put a drain pan under it.

this leaves me with 19" from top of pot to the top of the box. take away another 3-5" for lights and I am down to about 13"-14" of grow height I'm thinking SCROG. but that is way down the road atm. Next steps is ventilation. I am thinking PC fan in the top corner also going to haft to come up with a way to block the light from getting into my cabinet. also going to haft to start gathering pieces for a door.

Back
Top Bottom