Storing seeds, am I doing it right?

fatbuds420

i have to store 30 seeds ish, and i need them to last as long as they can, i put them in a dark metal container, filled it up halfway with rice (to suck moisture in) and i put it in the fridge, the temp is around 0 to -1 celcius.

i have to store 30 seeds ish, and i need them to last as long as they can, i put them in a dark metal container, filled it up halfway with rice (to suck moisture in) and i put it in the fridge, the temp is around 0 to -1 celcius.

I store mine with silica gel and cotton batting under them in vials. The vials are in a light-proof container stored in the bottom of my fridge. After three years the earliest seeds are still viable.

Some store their seeds in the deep freezer.

I store mine with silica gel and cotton batting under them in vials. The vials are in a light-proof container stored in the bottom of my fridge. After three years the earliest seeds are still viable.

Some store their seeds in the deep freezer.
do seeds have to be cured after being harvested?

No, just dried. I'm doing that now. I harvested these yesterday. They are now drying on top of my fridge.

full

Candida S1 Seed Harvest

Hey Fat,

I store mine in a zip-lock bag with desiccant packs to absorb any moisture in the freezer. The main things to avoid are moisture, light, and air.

I'll let others chime in on how best to eat immature seeds... maybe chopped up a bit to add some crunch to a salad or something?

Back
Top Bottom