Containers for storing seeds?

I just keep mine in the bags they came in, put them in a box and leave in my basement. My basement is either really cool in the summer or just right for the colder months. I’ve popped seeds that were 4yrs old from this container no problem for my current grow below in signature.

I keep mine in containers with rice or dessiant packs in fridge,they last way better this way,I learnt the hard way after just leaving in a cool dark desk draw ,after a few years nearly all wouldn't germ,ones in fridge for last 8 years were 90%germ rate

cool dry place bottom drawer of my fridge 100% germ but i haven't had them that long 6-7 months

I keep mine in containers with rice or dessiant packs in fridge,they last way better this way,I learnt the hard way after just leaving in a cool dark desk draw ,after a few years nearly all wouldn't germ,ones in fridge for last 8 years were 90%germ rate

Thanks for sharing your experience. I went to the container store and got a nice air tight sealing jar. I am also using rice, keeping the seeds in their original bags and its chilling in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom