How long can you store nutrients?

Gshoo

Hi Guys, how long can I store nutrients mixed with water? Should I put them in the fridge or leave them on dark place with room temperature. What are the potential risks of that?
Thanks

Just sitting in a jug, like a day or two. I just use em and mix em as needed..they settle and get goopies if they just sit.
If u do store it, be sure it's light proof

Bubbling in a dark bucket, easily a week, like in a DWC bucket or hydro grow

Liquid or solid? Solid---how long will salt last? Most liquids are basically chemical solutions, and have a long shelf life if not contaminated with some life form. Stuff will grow in the liquids if you let it in. I pour from large bottles into empty Gatoraide bottles, and measure with a syringe from there. That way I don't contaminate a large amount, because I don't rinse out the syringe between nutes. Assume any mixed/diluted nute solution will spoil over time unless you sterilize everything and operate in a clean room. Refrigeration will prolong liquid mix shelf life. Heck. you could probably freeze it.

Liquid or solid? Solid---how long will salt last? Most liquids are basically chemical solutions, and have a long shelf life if not contaminated with some life form. Stuff will grow in the liquids if you let it in. I pour from large bottles into empty Gatoraide bottles, and measure with a syringe from there. That way I don't contaminate a large amount, because I don't rinse out the syringe between nutes. Assume any mixed/diluted nute solution will spoil over time unless you sterilize everything and operate in a clean room. Refrigeration will prolong liquid mix shelf life. Heck. you could probably freeze it.

I just made a double dose. It’s all organic liquid nutrients mixed in water + cal-mag. Was wondering if I put it in the fridge until it’s time to feed the same plant that I made it for? It’s in a plastic bottle from mineral water.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom