Stressing plant during flowering!

brad03330

Okay so I heard and read so much about stressing plant after started flowering.. here's what I did my first grow!!( some experience with friends grows) so I got a tall lanky juicy fruit ( more Sativa than indicate) leaves are mix of both I can tell. So when I got the 4ft plant all limbs were straight up and looked normal but buds looked tiny and just not healthy( couple hairs per flower) so was scared to do anything I researched and researched for a few days. Finally said screw it. I had it under 3 cfl lights at 18/6.. Got closer to inspect plant and noticed it was topped from previous owner... So I transplanted I to a white soil bag from the lol 3 gall pot it was in(3 gal pot is guesamating) I topped it again while flowerin after few days..Waited a few days to heal itself. Then I tied down limbs to expose more light to buds to see if it'd help.. didn't really see any changes after a week. Buds and flowers looked unchanged. So I crimped and strung homemade string net over the tops quickly. Keep in mind was hoping to stress and pause flowering to 're veg but after two weeks didn't notice any change really. Still small weak thin buds. So I add some Alaska emulsion 5-1-1. (I'll add pics before and after up to now here soon) so after another week seen small new leaf growth. Clipped all old fan leaves and lollipoped everything under in one setting.. Waited a week til healed. Noticed cracks in stems from crimping and tie downs. I adjusted and flipped to 12/12 while still in flower!!. After a week noticed buds growing slowly with new shoots. I arranged tie downs as I felt was needed. Super cropped couple colas. Now fan leaves were gettin bigger.. So finally bought some general hydroponics and fed tablespoon in gallon.Didn't have to flush. So after a week I noticed bigger healthier buds. Crimped a lol more. Plucked bottom leaves not getting light. Keep moving limbs with tie downs. Shoots were growing up and started with 4 main colas. Kept feeding distilled water. After 2 weeks fed 3 tablespoons of gh.now I started to see more tops reach netting.. pulled and adujusted netting.added another soft vel It's been two weeks. And now I had 6 colas. Feeding water I wanted colas to still shoot up. So I left one blue 5000k GDP Andhad 3 softcfl. Added pure blend soil formula pro bloom. In half gallon. Cup of pre mix Alaska 5-1-1. And a tablespoon of gh. I know mixing organic bytes with gh wasn't good idea but let sit for 3 days.Finally last week fed half gallon topped with distilled water.( been topping bites soil with distilled since day one) today woke up and had 8shoots above canopy . Now flowerin looks normal. Getting fluffy. Been tuck and folding leaves for light to hit lower buds..added another soft cfl. So 4 2700k soft 1 5000k daylight cfl. Looks amazing compared to beginning.. smells lemony. Strong and skunky. Since doing so noticed larger leaves stems turning purple but heard that was normal.. today canopy was bushy and buds bigger. More hairs And bud sites.slowly been noticing the increase. But now they look beautiful. So I figured I'd let it go not cut no more til this morning when I noticed web on a single leaf. Shit seen couple black dots moving. Now I got spider mites!!! So I went thru inspected leaves and noticed all spider mites on a single cola.. no access to anything, short on money at the time. I clipped all leaves I noticed spider mites on. Checked underneath leaves seen white little dots and mites. So I clipped more.. Finally after clipping the colas larger leaves some sugar leaves I didn't see no more. So I sprayed soil bought quart sprayer to make spray with. Haven't yet but will later today. I'm keeping a eye out for em now and hope I can run the mites off. Also clipped clipped two small buds growing in at bottom of another cola. Didn't think it'd hurt. Iv been doin good so far. So judging the buds I'd say they tripled ther size and shoots shot up since beginning. I believe plant is in 4 week after tryin to reveg for two week and stressing with super cropping. Lts. Hts. crimping and all. Looked like it was in 2nd week when I got it..time and patience seem to pay off greatly. month later looks like 4 week I'd say..Been misting when needed. Had hot days and grow room averages 95* humidity 20*.. nights 82* humidity same. I have one fan in closet with plant. Plastic on all sides. also I water daily as needed. But once a week I drought the plant to stress a lol more. Can't say I'm not happy with results. Still watering distilled water and nutes every 3-4 days. Watching everyday for nutes now tho. I'll upload pics as soon as I figure it out but let me know what u guys think. I' love gardening and took my time and think it's really paying off. Any suggestion for the future or input on what I did let me know peeps. Good or bad doesn't hurt to hear it. Thanks

Sounds like you have it all covered. Keep after those cursed spider mites, tho. Use an organically safe spray for edibles, even dish-soap + water spray. But, with care, you can spray the colas with plain water to wash all that off before you take her to harvest.

If you plan on reusing the soil after harvest, I highly suggest you sterilize it in the oven. Just hot enough to kill bug eggs. I am sure there are instructions somewhere how long and how hot to "cook" your soil. Also, wash your pots in very hot soapy water, then rinse well with hot water. Used soil will need to be amended afterwards, with sand, peat, light nutes, or whatever you feel it needs to be "as good as new" for the next crop.

I wonder if just running boiling water through the soil in the pot will do the same thing. Has anyone ever tried this?

Sounds like you have it all covered. Keep after those cursed spider mites, tho. Use an organically safe spray for edibles, even dish-soap + water spray. But, with care, you can spray the colas with plain water to wash all that off before you take her to harvest.

If you plan on reusing the soil after harvest, I highly suggest you sterilize it in the oven. Just hot enough to kill bug eggs. I am sure there are instructions somewhere how long and how hot to "cook" your soil. Also, wash your pots in very hot soapy water, then rinse well with hot water. Used soil will need to be amended afterwards, with sand, peat, light nutes, or whatever you feel it needs to be "as good as new" for the next crop.

I wonder if just running boiling water through the soil in the pot will do the same thing. Has anyone ever tried this?

I just did some research on sterilizing soil at the end of the season, and the advice runs from cooking over an outdoor grille (The process stinks!) to just turning over the soil and adding fresh. Boiling, and cooking, it seems, will kill even the good fungi, but if the soil is really contaminated with bugs, seed, and mold, the boiling water treatments can be used. But you'd have to mix 50/50 with clean soil to bring back life to the sterilized soil.

Hey do what you got to do to get some smoke... Evan some of us who are answering your question sometimes forget our own answers. I let mine go to long now mostly amber and ugly. But I got smoke.:circle-of-love:
jay1.jpg

Hey do what you got to do to get some smoke... Evan some of us who are answering your question sometimes forget our own answers. I let mine go to long now mostly amber and ugly. But I got smoke.:circle-of-love:
jay1.jpg

Thank you for posting this pic! I have been watching my trics daily, waiting for a color change. I was going to ask where to find a pic of trics when harvest-ready. Mine are still clear.

So 3 days ago I took flour milk some soap and water made own spray. So the spray seemed to work. But left a thick flour coating on top and bottom of the leaves. Didn't look so thick when I sprayed. But while rubbing the flour coating off next day, I snapped a branch while moving it to a cleaning area!!! So thought about hanging the nice branch to dry, seeing spray burnt my white hairs turning the tips Orange and brown. So with in a minute I had it taped back up like it never even broke. left it few days. Have it a lol but of nutes (about forth of a gallon, didn't want get nutrient lock out) oh and the next night after spraying it seemed the flour clogged the leaf vains on bottom and main one on top of leaves I noticed. Plus the top soil from the over spray started to hardens and look white greenish (dam spray had milk in it to) i scooped up top 2in of soil laid down new soil on top. Slowly been watering since if been spraying top and bottom of leaves to get the spray off. iv slowly been rotating plant and delicately rubbing the flour off. But the milk and flour made a paste or something.. Plus the leaves been very slowy drying out. Today I noticed leaves crumbling as I run the spray off. Said screw that and took heavy spray and just kept spraying the plant viciously. Afterwards I turning the shower on and watered min or two. Spent 30 min spraying and still barley see anymore spray but it's still there. Another good wash will take care of that I know. But still the spray worked but dam. Those mites make u work for it lol. Can't exactly figure out how to upload pics thru phone but coming soon. Today noticed new white hairs. Even tho 70% of hairs are Orange brown tipped. But still got hopes on not having to harvest . Gonna keep eye on hairs If I see the main branch, still broken and dying by next week. Gonna clean hang and dry for test smoke but lets hope not. But after spraying today I can already smell the buds 3x stronger than with the spray. Leaves are looking healthier. High hopes. But seriously anyone who sprays there plant with milk flour. Make sure u get every lol white spec u see (don't want anyone smoking flour and rotting milk) then wash again to be safe. And dam spray took a lot of trichrome that were starting to come in on the smaller suger leaves. For the bbq soil was planning on 're using it and heard a while back about cooking it but figure I'd flush and start over. (Easier on me I guess.. newbie , first grow) but now I know that definitely gonna look into that and go that route second grow. May be a newbie but love my smoke. Hate stuff with sprays. Ruins it. Always thought why waste money for something that might affect ur crop.(didn't want to use general hydroponics flora bloom but the really didn't have a choice) but Ya that's my goal save the plant and go organic the rest of the way but we'll see. As soon I I figure out pics I'll upload some. Any tips or info greatly appreciated. thanks

Back
Top Bottom